Chapter 7: Lyra-Bella Cassiopia Malfoy

❗️ Important note, this chapter takes place in the summer before sixth year, so before the last two paragraphs of my last chapter❗️

Bovi Inimici Tui Mens Maximum Telum Est // Thine Enemy's Mind Is The Greatest Weapon.

"Legilimens!" A booming voice roared. The blonde girl with whom the spell was directed to tried desperately to get the man out of her mind. She fell to the floor in exhaustion as her laboured breaths filled the room. "Pathetic," The man spoke,"you call yourself a Malfoy." The girl shuddered as the man walked closer and knelt down to take her chin roughly in his hand, forcing her to look at him. "Clearly my methods aren't motivation enough, perhaps you need someone else to teach you."

"Legilimens!" The female shouted. The blonde Malfoy girl fought to keep her out. When she managed to finally push her out the vile woman didn't give the small girl any time to recover before shouting once more, "Legilimens!"

"Legilimens!" This time was different. The blonde stood her ground and closed off her emotions. Forgetting all her inner turmoil she pushed it away and in turn forcibly pushed the death eater from her mind. The woman's smile was sinister and dark. "Now lets see how you do without a warning."
The Malfoy girl felt her mind being invaded once more, with no spell said, she panicked and felt herself loosing control. A memory surfaced, Of Draco at hogsmead. 'I think I might...' Lyra pushed the memory away, compartmentalized all her feelings and shoved her aunt Bellatrix from her mind. She wouldn't let her see that. She wouldn't let anyone see that.

"Legilimens," Lyra shouted. Memories flashed before her eyes, the wizard struggled to push Lyra away but her aunt coaxed her on. "Legilimens!"

     The front hall used to be a welcoming sight after coming home from Hogwarts. Now it was less than ideal as Andromeda and Bellatrix stood next to one another standing in front of a muggle girl. I was standing in the corner, definitely not cowering, Malfoys don't cower. I watched as Andromeda stalked forward, spitting on the mud-blood and pulling out a knife. Bellatrix quickly held a hand in front of the girl.
     "No, Andromeda, Wait,"
     "Wait?" Andromeda hissed. "Why the fuck would I wait?"
    Bellatrix smiled wickedly as her head turned towards me, "I want her to do it," her bony finger pointed at where I was standing. A few feet away from them. I couldn't do it, there was no way. I wasn't Andromeda. They'd already made me do so much. She couldn't be serious. I couldn't do this. Andromeda stalked towards me, her face expressionless. She grabbed my arm and whispered "its okay," before shoving me forward. It was a fake shove mind you, I acted as though she'd actually pushed me and glared as I stood in front of the girl. Andromeda handed me a blood stained knife. I took the handle bravely and looked down at cowering muggle. My hands were shaking slightly and I tried desperately to ignore the feeling of dread and panic inside me. She deserves this, I try to think. However I know she doesn't. What did she ever do to us? drew the knife up with my eyes closed before swinging it downward. I heard the shriek as I sliced the muggle girl. It wasn't deep enough to be killing, but enough to hurt. I could feel Bellatrix come up behind me.
     "Now do it," she hissed. I hesitated a moment, just enough for her to loose her patience. "DO IT!" She screeched. I flinched at the noise and pulled my wand out, the knife in my hand clattering to the ground. The muggle girl flinched at the sound and I struck.
     "C-Crucio," I said shutting my eyes once more. My hand was shaking so hard I wasn't sure it would work. But her shrieks confirmed my spell landed and I screwed my eyes farther shut. The screams seemed to bounce off the walls, it was the only thing I could hear. I wasn't sure what Andromeda was doing this whole time but she stepped forward,
     "Can I have a turn now?" She whined at Aunt Bella. Bellatrix smiled,
     "Yes, Yes, go ahead."
I watched as Andromeda brought out two knives. I tried to brave it and watch as she dragged one across the girls face. But as the blood oozed forward and the mingled with the broken tears I could feel the pent up panic and anxiety welling up inside me. In a desperate panic I slipped off my high heels so I wouldn't make noise and creeped from the room. Luckily I managed slip out unnoticed and as soon as I thought I could I sprinted towards Draco's room. Throwing myself inside I noticed Draco wasn't there, I wasn't sure where he was. I collapsed on his bed, sweating and shaking. My heart was beating faster than more irregular than I felt it should. I knew this feeling, it was the same one from the prefects bathroom. I tried to steady my breathing, all the way in, all the way out. I'd managed to get a hold of my breathing and soon the tears in my face were just mere stains and I was breathing normally again. However heart still felt like it was going to leap from my chest at any given moment and I was still shaking. I crawled under the covers of the bed and inhaled Draco's comforting scent as I lay awake in the dimly lit room.
     I stayed there for what felt forever before I pulled myself from my bed to get ready in my room. I was getting my dark mark today. I realized with a shock that that must be why Draco wasn't in his room. He was probably getting his Dark Mark now.

     After receiving my Dark Mark, Draco and I had a sort of welcome dinner with Aunt Bella, our Parents, Andromeda, and Lord Voldemort. It was hard to eat with Voldemort sitting just at the head of the table. I constantly felt on edge. At the end of the dinner Voldemort told us all to leave, except Draco. Draco sent me a scared look before putting on a brave mask and facing the lord. I filled with worry as the door closed and I was forced to turn away. I felt helpless, I was helpless.

I stepped into Draco's room the next night to see him shaking, curled in a ball In the corner. His shirt was no where in sight, though luckily he was wearing bottoms. He was sobbing into his arms. Crimson red staining his hair and clothes from his left arm. I came forward and brought his arm gently towards me. There were slashes along his wrist just above his Dark mark. He didn't put them around or on in fear of them being seen as unloyal to Voldemort. Even though he was. I took the wet cloth in my hand and cleaned the slices along his arm. I bandaged his arm tightly as he continued to cry. I felt my own tears creeping up on me. Once I had finished wrapping his arm I placed a gentle kiss above the bandage and looked into his grey eyes. He looked so broken and scared. I pulled him into a hug and he melted into me. I wish I could help, but I didn't know how. I didn't really know if there was anything that could make this better. We just had to survive this war, and then all could go back to how it was before.

    The quote this chapter is to do with Lyra doing Legilimens at the beginning of the chapter.
     -River 🌊