Chapter 12: Andromeda Walburga Black

I was in the RoR with Lyra and Draco as we stood in front of the old wooden cabinet.

          "Sooooo does it work yet?" I asked.

          "Nope," Ly responded, popping the 'p'. Draco had been assigned the task of killing Dumbledore, he has been trying to do it in the way that would be least harmful. At this point I was ready to go Avada kedavara the bitch myself had I not gotten specific orders from The Dark Lord not to. We all slipped out of the doorway. It disappeared behind us and we returned back to the common room silently.

         The next morning I woke up and got ready, pulling my shoulder-length black hair into a bun with half of my hair still down. I pulled on my robes and boots and I walked out of the room, heading to the great hall. I met Ly and Draco at the table and filled my plate with some sausages and french toast, also grabbing some fruit. Ly and Draco didn't eat. We stood and walked to our first class, Potions. Slughorn was a strange man but I enjoyed talking to him, he told me stories about my father when he was my age, and also of Sirius. Sirius reminded me a lot of Corvus. I had regretted what had happened last year but I also feared he would never forgive me. Corvus had always been my best friend but now I had fucked it up. 

          Slughorn lectured to us all class about the potion making process. My thoughts wandered to Fred and my father, what were they doing right now? No. I don't care. I don't need them anymore. Slughorn dismissed us and I walked out to the quidditch pitch, I had a free block, I summoned my broom and started riding around. I practiced turning quickly and doing flips and tricks around the field. Little did I know that my brother stood underneath the stands, watching waiting anxiously for me to land. 

          I did so, still unaware of the black-haired boy watching me. I walked to the change rooms but I was stopped by someone stepping in front of me, Corvus.

          "Hi little sis."

          "You ass," I replied. I was laughing although my eyes were filled with tears. He held his arms open to me I ran to him hugging him tightly.

          "I'm so sorry, I'm so, so, sorry."

          "Hey it's ok."

          "No it's not," I said while pulling back from him, "for fucks sake I tried to kill you! At least be a little mad!" He laughed.

          "No matter what you'll always be my little sister," he glanced at his watch, "ah! Shit I got to go, but I'm glad I got to see you," he waved and apparated away. I changed and walked back up to the castle thinking about all of my life choices and how 99% of them were bad. All except Fred. I wandered into my dorm and saw a box on my bed. I opened it confused, there was a letter.

my dearest, Andromeda

I was alone at the apartment and I was missing you.

love, your dearest little freddiekins

          Oh gods how I love him, he had even scribbled little hearts all over the page. I looked into the contents of the box there were a small pile of photos of us together, a little jewelry box, and the rest of the space was taken up with an assortment of sweets. I opened the jewelry box and inside found a silver bracelet with many charms on it, a green crystal heart, a snake, a lion, a union jack, even a Beatles one! Next I flipped through the photos recalling memories such as our first date, anniversaries etc. I came across an especially good one of us at the yule ball, myself places on feeds shoulders nearly falling off. I smiled softly.

          I grabbed a black frame and slid the photo inside. I kept it on my table next to my bed. Suddenly I caught a glimpse of my watch. Shit 15 mins till my next class, Defence Against the Dark Arts. I grabbed my bag shoving a sufficient supply of sweets in there and I was off.

~~~~

          I looked in the mirror, tonight was slughorns dinner, I wore a green dress, silver heels, and a simple silver crown woven into my curled black hair. For jewelry I wore my snake necklace, the bracelet that Fred gave me, and the ring from fourth year.

 For jewelry I wore my snake necklace, the bracelet that Fred gave me, and the ring from fourth year

          I walked down to the room he told me we would meet

          I walked down to the room he told me we would meet. As I entered I saw a couple of people scattered around the room. Slughorn popped up in front of me.

          "Ah! Miss Black, so glad you could make it!" I tried to smile. I really did! But it just came out in my usual smirk.

         "Why of course sir it's my pleasure."

          "Ah, and sporting our house colour. Fantastic!" I did a little twirl. laughing as I walked off, needless to say I wasn't much of a social person. I stood by the back of the room leaning against the wall. Sipping from my black flask that had a intricate black snake engraved in it. I took another sip the firewhiskey burning my throat slightly. That Longbottom fool came by offering me a drink. I held up my flask,

          "Nope, I'm all good." He looked at me disappointed and walked away. I stood there the rest of the night. Soon enough I got bored and walked out of the room. As soon as I exited I took off my heels, holding onto them with one hand over my shoulder. I walked through the halls back down to the dungeons, continuing to sip from my flask. I tripped over my own feet more than once. I walked into the common room to find Draco and Ly sat on the couches. I stumbled over to them, by now my flask was almost empty, even though it had a powerful extension charm on it.

          "Heyyyyyyyy, guys!" I slurred tripping once again, dropping my shoes. Ly looked at me eyebrows raised a smirk on her face, Draco was trying to smother his laughter. Ly stood up, grabbing for my flask. I tried to pull away but my slow thoughts prevented that. She snatched it, taking a whiff trying to identify what was in it. She helped me with the charm and knew how good it was and how much I could actually fit in there. She frowned at me, mouthing to Draco. firewhiskey

          "Okay idiot lets get you to bed," I let out an intoxicated laugh. That was when I passed out.

~~~~