8- of battle, love and heroics

"You know I usually date older women

"You know I usually date older women." Jaskier says playing with Priscilla's fingers.

"Is that where you got your skill?" She says with a laugh. The morning sun kissed her skin in the most beautiful way and it accentuates her smile and laugh even more.

"What skill might you be talking about, My Lady?" Jaskier asks raising an eyebrow. He was already a ray of sunshine to begin with, never failing to fill every room he goes into with positivity, light and laughter but the sun kissing his skin made him even brighter if that was even possibl. Priscilla replies with a chuckle. She sits up from the bed making Jaskier pout.

"I almost forgot what it is today." She says with a sigh.

"What's today?" He asks but as soon as she turns to look at him, her face said it all.

"Nilfgaard," She replies biting her lip with anxiety. Before Jaskier could say anything, they heard a knock on the door.

"My Lady, the-" before Ranger could continue he coughs and chokes at the sight before him.

"I'm sorry for disturbing, your highness. I'm-"

"What did I tell you, Ranger? Knock and then wait." She says motioning for her to continue on with her hands.

"Noted, Princess. Unfortunately, Nilfgaard is getting closer and closer. We must prepare now." He says bowing and then leaving the room.

The two dressed up into a more proper attire and have done their businesses and have finally went out to prepare. They we're walking the halls of the palace when the Princess broke the silence.

"So you really chose to leave Geralt and the others huh?" She suddenly brings up.

"With a heavy heart yes, but you're worth everything." He says as she tightens her grip on his hand.

"So are you." She says with a smile at him.

"I don't even know how they're going to survive without me." Jaskier says with a laugh.

"I think we're doing just fine." Suddenly, a voice says behind them. They soon realized that Yennefer said it and turned to see the group.

"We have stayed. To help." Geralt says as Priscilla rushes to hug him. Surprisingly, Geralt responded with a pat on the back and not looking uncomfortable.

She finally let go and said, "Why the change of heart?"

"A certain bard has made us open our eyes." Yennefer says with a smile.

"And hearts." Ciri continues. Priscilla couldn't contain her tears while smiling at her friends whom she had just met but meant so much to her already.