5- dance of destiny

Princess Dalia finally stands, soon with Priscilla following while frowning

Princess Dalia finally stands, soon with Priscilla following while frowning. Dalia rushes onto Lord Olaf and held his hand. She is lucky. She is committed to someone she actually likes. Priscilla scans the room and her eyes land on a certain bard wearing a very colourful top with his face resting on his hand with a very sad look on his face. She bites her lip as she makes her way to him.

"My lady, I am honor-" one of the suitor says thinking that she has picked him but she just ends up walking past him.

He taps on Jaskier's shoulder and says, "Can I have this dance?" She offered her hand to him. He took it with a smile in his face. Priscilla guides the dumbstruck and nervous bard while rubbing his hands, reassuring him that it will be alright. She puts her arms around his neck.

"I-I don't even know why I did that. I've only known you for such a short time and yet-"

"I know Jaskier, I know." She says pulling him closer making her head rest on his neck. She looks at the King in the eyes with a furious look on his face. She just strikes a smirk at him. The romantic and intimate moment was cut off when Ranger suddenly called everyone's attention.

"Due to unfortunate events, the betrothal cannot continue on." He says.

"What the fuck are you talking about, knight?" The King says angrily.

"The Nilfgaard army is only two days away from Redania according to our scouts. Amidst of war, it is illegal for any member of the royal family to marry." Upon hearing the announcement, Priscilla, Jaskier, Ciri, Yennefer and Geralt didn't know whether to jump in joy or to shudder in fear once they heard 'Nilfgaard'. The only thing Priscilla could do was hug Jaskier so tightly and whisper a 'thank you' making a hint of crimson creep onto his cheeks. She sneaked a peck onto his cheek before going to Ranger to probably discuss about battle strategies.

"I guess you succeeded, bard." A voice behind him says and he turns around to see Yennefer and the other smiling at him. Even Geralt.

"But you do know what this means right?" Yennefer continues in a sad tone.

"What do you mean?" Jaskier says snapping out of his trance.

"We have to leave Redania." Geralt says.