4- a princess' duty

"Is this what life is like for royalty?" Jaskier asks as he struggles to put on his top

"What do you mean?" Geralt replies.

"Their lives seem to revolve around balls and feasts and parties. I wish I was just born to be royalty."

"Hmm..."

"I wonder when you'll stop being so boring."

"I wonder when you'll stop being so annoying." Geralt retorts making Jaskier open his mouth in an 'o' shape.

"I'm leaving you." He says in a huff making Geralt softly chuckle as he makes his way out the door. The two ladies were still taking their sweet time in their baths so a little exploring around the castle wouldn't hurt, right?

He went up one floor and another. The paintings and the walls seem all too familiar. He stopped in front of a closed door and traced its markings. From the mere look on the door it seemed the person behind it went through so much pain in Jaskier's eyes. It could just be his poetic thinking or he might just be over exaggerating things. He smiled at his stupid thought and was about to go away when he heard a beautiful melody coming from inside the room.

The only thing between him and the sweet melody was that door. He wanted to just push the door out of the way harshly to be able to hear this angelic voice more clearly. He was in awe and being someone of musical talent, he knows when a person has a good voice or not and this was more than anything and everything he has ever heard. The sweetness in the voice and the pain and heartbreak in the lyrics. The emotions exuded from the bittersweet aura it was making him feel. He just had to. He didn't have any bad intentions other than he was mesmerized by this angel's voice.

With a small push and without even turning the knob, the drew flew open. Lo and behold it was the Princess trying to untangle and properly knot her corset from the back while singing a sweet tune softly. She was looking at herself in the mirror and she looked like the most beautiful person in the world.

It was the first time Jaskier has ever seen her like this- looking so sweet, so relaxed and so free. It was as if this was the safest she has ever felt with the comfort of her own self and voice.

"I'm not dumb, Jaskier." She finally speaks up making Jaskier jump on the spot in embarrassment.

"Oh god, I'm really sorry My Lady. It's just that I-" Jaskier couldn't find the right answer to say so he just stood there, dumbfounded.

"Well, what are you still doing standing there? At least help me!" Priscilla says letting go of the two ends of the laces of her corset which meant as a cue for Jaskier to tie her corset up.

Jaskier slides his fingers onto the lace and onto the already done knot on her back. She felt his fingers softly glide onto the thin piece of fabric on her back-the only thing separating his fingers from her bare back. He tries to study how she did it because he has absolutely no idea what to do. Yes, he has undressed many maidens but he has never helped them in getting dressed.