3- bringer of the end

"I am a sorceress, a mage if you will

"I am a sorceress, a mage if you will." She says as she sits on her bed, taking her shoes off.

"These things are a nightmare. But don't let me get started on the corset."

"Speak." Geralt says in an angry tone.

"Come on witcher, calm down. I mean no harm." She says in a smile as she turns to close her windows.

"And you don't want to cross me." She says turning to meet his eyes.

"Alright where were we? Oh yes. Princess Cirilla, do you even know who you are and what you are capable of?" She asks. The poor child just turns her head and looks at her feet.

"There is a prophecy about you. A princess, with power like no other who will bring about something that will change everything. The bringer of the end. The cause of destruction." She says as Ciri takes a deep breath trying to take in whatever she is saying.

"Or, the healer of the world. The bringer of peace. That all relies on you and whatever you choose." She says as she goes near her.

"And how do you know all this? If anything, that Princess could be you." Yennefer says.

"Well that is a story for another day." She says as she opens the door to her room ushering them to get the fuck out she can have some rest.

"I will rest now."

"But the feast isn't even done," Jaskier says sadly as the maiden hasn't even heard her sing the entire night.

"I just came from a battle that lasted for 2 days. I will be training newcomers tomorrow so please, I beg of you, let me rest." She says as they all make their way downstairs to enjoy what's left of the night.

But they couldn't.

"Damn that Princess." Geralt finally breaks the silence.

"How could she just bluntly say that and then sleep and expect us to be calm?" He says.

"I don't think she expects us to be calm." Ciri starts.

"I think she expects us to need her help."

The next day

They all went their separate ways in spending the day. And by that it meant, Yennefer with Ciri and Jaskier with Geralt. They were roaming the palace as they suddenly heard grunts of pain and swords slashing. Geralt takes his sword out carefully from his back and jumps to the scene.

"Oh good morning." Priscilla says as she motions for the man she was training with to stop for a bit.

"Beautiful morning, right?" She says.

"Oh yes, Geralt, I meant to ask of you. Could you teach me a few things?" She says with a smile. With the energy that truly didn't show the night she took them to her room.

"What do I know that you don't, already?" He says picking his sword up once more.

"I guess we'll see." She says as she slashes her sword onto Geralt but he effortlessly dodged it. Every slash, every turn and every move she did with her sword would give Queen Calanthe a run for her money. Jaskier couldn't do anything but just watch. Just watch in awe the beauty and the grace of the Eagle of Redania.

"I know why they call you Eagle now." Jaskier says.

"Oh really? Cause I don't." She says with a laugh.

"You fight like you're flying. You jump to intake more strength in your moves." He says.

"Well, you're not wrong. I'm not very tall or buff so I need to exert more force for my moves to be effective." Suddenly Geralt walks to her with a grunt.

"Enough of this. Tell us about Ciri."

"I'm sorry but I still have other things to do. What is the rush anyway?" She says as she playfully laughs at them and leaves the two dumbfounded.

Onto Ciri and Yennefer

It was hard for any of them to enjoy the rest of the evening and thought that sleeping it off would do. After walking around they finally reunited with the two idiots. But before they could even start talking, Yennefer noticed someone too familiar to be ignored. She went to the figure sitting down on one of the benches, with a notebook in hand and looking at the sky.

"Istredd?" Yennefer started.

"Yena!" He said, dropping everything to stand and hug her.

"Oh no." Jaskier says at the sight of the two hugging and waking towards them.

"This is Istredd. He helped me in Aretuza." Yennefer says still not letting go of his arm.

"Nice to meet all of you. What brings you all here?" He says. Yennefer tells him the entire story while the other three just nodded and listened.

"Ah so I see you've met the Princess." He says.

"Yes, but how come I haven't heard of her?"

"It was only a few years ago when the Princess came back from Aretuza. She is the fastest mage to ever ascend, with about less than half a decade." He says.

"But isn't that illegal? All of the same batch must ascend at the same time."

"That was true. One day, Stregobor suddenly announced to the Chapter this new rule that if the mage is exceptional, they can get ascended quicker. The princess' parents died while she was studying in Aretuza that is why she went under the care of her uncle, the King. Ever since she came home and became the Captain of Redania, we have never lost a battle ever since."

"But that sword fighting and her technique seems a little bit familiar. How is she that experienced?"

"You see, Princess Priscilla was together with Vilgefortz. He trained her until she became better than him. But after she realized he was insane, she left him."

"And how do you know all this?" Geralt finally speaks up.

"Well because, the princess and I are close."

"In what way?" Jaskier asks eyeing him.

"I taught her a lot of things and you could say that we get intimate sometimes. Even having sex. But really, no romantic feelings involved whatsoever. We are just in it for the fun of it."