The Worried Prince

To say that Ben was doing well after the morning's events would be a bold faced lie. Ben was honestly feeling more and more insecure about his new relationship. He wasn't even able to focus on his schoolwork, his mind just buzzing with worries attacking his constant thoughts. Why couldn't Carlos have just said he was taken from the very beginning? Yes, the relationship is brand new and a little rushed but it isn't the same as it was with Jay. Ben and Carlos have been close nearly their whole lives, they're more comfortable with each other or so Ben thought. Now all he could do was worry, worry that he was going to have to fight for Carlos with Jay. Not literally, he hoped but He never wanted to have to fight for Carlos. He wanted it to be that Carlos would know who he wanted, hopefully, Ben and that they would be together. The very notion that this relationship he has wanted for years might now slip through his fingers hurt. He couldn't do this right now, it felt like no one cared what he wanted.

Getting a hall pass Ben went and stopped outside Carlos's class to look in on him before going to the bathroom. Carlos was in the middle of chemistry when Evie nudged him and gestured towards the door. He saw Ben for the briefest of seconds in the window by the door before he walked away. Carlos frowned and quickly asked for a hall pass to go to the bathroom. Walking into the bathroom Ben was washing his face of what appeared to be tears of frustration. He heard Carlos come in but pretended to be fine looking into the long mirror above the sink staring at himself. Carlos walked over to Ben and pulled him into a hug, burying his face in his neck and clinging to him. He just needed to reassure Ben and comfort himself. He felt awful, he didn't mean to make things so complicated. Of course, he loved Ben and wanted to be with him. He just wasn't entirely over Jay yet and that isn't exactly fair to Ben but he plans to get over Jay as soon as he can, but him being sweet and romantic again makes it difficult.

"Puppy..." Ben started sadly and he knew he really fucked up from how hurt he still sounded. "Do you really want to be with me? Or am I just some kind of rebound for Jay to get jealous?" He didn't want to come across as mean, which he didn't he just sounded honestly heartbroken. Carlos felt his own heart tug and tear a little bit know he made Ben feel this way. He didn't deserve this.

"Of course I want to be with you! No Ben, you would never be a rebound. I mean it every time I have told you I love you. I just wasn't prepared to deal with Jay trying to win me back. I want to be with you, Ben. I mean it. I choose you." Carlos pulls him to look him in the eyes and they both have tears ready to spill. He leans in and pulls Ben into a kiss as their tears fall, mixing on their faces and sharing their love and pain in one desperate kiss. Ben eagerly pulls Carlos close and squeezes him against himself. He deepens the kiss just enough to make sure Carlos means it before pulling away and looking into his eyes loving but searching. Searching for a glimmer of determination that what Carlos is saying is nothing but fact. He finds what he is looking for and could cry more just from sheer relief but does his best to keep it contained, he really doesn't want another day of someone asking him why he looks like he has been crying. Carlos smiles and rests his head on Ben's chest just enjoying the moment of confirmation between them before they both have to scurry back out of the bathroom as a teacher comes in to use the bathroom for it's intended purpose. He doesn't seem to care that the two nearly adult teens are clinging to one another. They swiftly exit the bathroom chuckling a bit. Ben walks him back to his class before going on to his own.

Sitting back down in his chair Ben momentarily feels so much relief as if he actually went to the bathroom to relieve himself. It felt fitting how much calmer he felt now no more pesky worries bothering him for now at least. His phone vibrates in his pocket and he sneaks a peek at the message. It's from Harry. From across the room, Ben can see Harry looking at him with worry.

"Have you been crying duckling? What's wrong?" The message read and Ben balked at the use of his pet name for Ben. He really didn't need this right now. Harry sent another text, "Come on sweetheart, I can see the puffy red eyes from over here. Talk to me." He feels the urge to confide in harry but knows better. He may have fallen for Harry's bullshit many times before but this was not one of those times, he didn't have the strength to deal with that right now.

So instead Ben texts back, "I'm fine. Leave me alone hook." But this doesn't seem satisfactory to the guyliner wearing ex-boyfriend.

"Come on. Don't be like that. You know I still care about you. I just want to make sure you are okay duckling. I wouldn't want to see you get your heart broken again." Harry responded making Ben frown and sigh heavily shooting Harry a look from across the room.

"Care about me? You're the one that broke my heart in the first place Hooky." His words dripping with venom but that doesn't translate entirely over text message.

"I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. I never really meant for things to get that far with Uma. I still love you, Ben. I still care about you. Jay isn't going to give up on Carlos so easily and I don't want to see you get hurt again. I know I did a shit job as your boyfriend towards the end but that doesn't mean what I felt for you wasn't real." Harry's words cut through all the comfort and calm that was fragile still. He knew about Ben's situation? Of course, he did he is Jay's best friend. Ben couldn't help but let himself remember the good in Harry, he wasn't all bad. He wasn't bad at all just, flawed. He was far to loose with his flirting with other people but when it came to Ben he treated him like he was royalty. He was a king who was to be treated well and given all the pleasures he could be given. Ben felt himself lingering on past feelings and quickly shoved them away. Nope, he couldn't be asked to dig up feelings for Harry again. He loved Carlos and that was enough for him.

"Thanks, Harry but I'm fine." He replied honestly before stowing his phone away and attempting to spend the last of his patience focused on the remainder of the lesson.