Comfort for a Wounded Heart

Ben pulled up into his driveway thankful his parents were still away at work right now. He parked the car and looked over at Carlos who was still sniffling. "Hey," Ben said softly offering him a reassuring smile. "I told you everything was going to be okay and I meant it Puppy. It's okay." He attempted to reassure, and Carlos nodded giving him a sad little smile that made Ben's heart all wobbly with empathy. "Hey. I know just what you need." He makes Carlos tilt his head in that way that resembles a confused puppy. "Hot Chocolate." Ben grinned making Carlos's face light up. It was Ben's and Carlos's late-night cure-all for whatever ails you. Whenever one of them was having a really rough time they would make hot chocolate. It was Carlos's favorite when Ben made it cause he always managed to make it just right. He gave Ben an excited nod and they got outgoing inside. Carlos headed up to Ben's room while he made the hot chocolate.

Being in Ben's room was a major comfort for Carlos, it was always the closest thing he had to a real home. His real home, not the one he slept in every night that carried memories of parental abuse. Being in Ben's room brought memories of good times with his favorite person in the whole world. It also now came with a heavier memory of Ben and Carlos sleeping together. Thinking back on it made his cheeks flush and his body ache in a way of remembering that pleasure. It was literally yesterday but it felt so much more recent as if he and Ben had just finished doing it. His body secretly yearned for that pleasure again, that full feeling of being one with Ben. He shut that thinking down, now really was not the time to be thinking such things. Being here was a balm to the wound on his heart because it made him realize he made the right choice, maybe not the best choice but the right one. He loved Ben and there was denying that but he didn't want to assume that this meant Carlos and Ben would be together. It mostly just meant they could be if they wanted to. Carlos wanted to be with Ben, he knew he should probably wait and give himself time before getting into another relationship but it's Ben. Not just some stranger to him, but simply Ben, the boy he loved for all these years.

Ben broke into Carlos' thinking with two mugs of hot chocolate and a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Carlos couldn't help but beam as it was his favorite flavor, Chocolate fudge brownie. Ben smiled back at him as he set everything down on his desk and turned the television on and brought up a streaming service picking out Carlos's favorite movie. They sat side by side on Ben's bed as the movie started sharing a spoon for the ice cream and for a moment it was as if nothing had happened and he was taken back to earlier days when Ben was the shining light that kept him from the darkness. They were simply best friends at this moment nothing more and Carlos appreciated that. That's all he needed right now. He didn't need to think about boyfriends, cheating, sex, or any of that. He just focused on how happy he felt and enjoying his favorite things with his favorite person. By the time the movie was over the ice cream and hot chocolate were both gone. Ben turned the Television off and turned to Carlos pulling him in for a comforting hug. Carlos smiled and snuggled up into Ben's chest enjoying the hug innocently before the thoughts of what had happened and what everything means started to come back. Fuck, Carlos thought to himself briefly but Ben's hand slowly rubbing warm circles along the small of his back made him melt back into the embrace and relax.

"I'm sorry Puppy. I know it isn't my fault, or at least you don't blame me, but I do feel bad. I just want you to be happy. If being with Jay made you happy, I never meant to ruin that for you." Ben said honestly speaking into Carlos's hair as he gently rocked back and forth, placing soft kisses on the top of his head. Carlos felt so warm and fuzzy right now it was practically numbing all the pain he felt. His whole body felt warm from the inside out and made him realize he was happy here.

"Don't apologize Ben. This was going to be the result in the end anyway. I'm happy when I'm with you. I was going to choose you in the end regardless... I love you, Ben. I meant that and I always have loved you." Carlos smiled looking up at Ben who couldn't resist smiling back down at him. He leaned down pressing kisses to his forehead and the tip of his nose making Carlos chuckle.

"I love you too Carlos. You know I do... I don't want to assume anything or pressure you into a relationship right now, but just know I'll be waiting here for you when you are ready." Ben said with an honest heart making Carlos swoon. He knew he shouldn't tumble into a relationship with Ben so quickly but he had spent so much damn time wanting this and waiting for this. He didn't want to wait any longer.

"Ben. I've been ready to be with you for years. I'm done waiting." He surged upwards and connected their lips into a love confirming sweet kiss. It was tender but anything from mild. Carlos was eager to kiss Ben properly, so he let him take the lead. Now wasn't the time to just take what Ben wanted. They kissed until all they could taste was each other mixed with chocolate. They pulled away panting for breath and grins plastered on both of their faces. This was everything they were waiting for and it felt so good. Ben shifted on the bed pulling Carlos onto his lap, laying back to that he was laying on him. The two cuddled up before Ben couldn't help himself launching into another loving kiss. This time Carlos let it deepen into something more passionate and meaningful. His hand burying itself in brown locks and the other gripping the front of Ben's shirt. Ben's arms firmly wrapped around Carlos protectively. It was the sweetest and purest moment for them both as they kissed enjoying one another's embrace. It felt good to feel loved and give love again. All thoughts of Jay and what had happened were temporarily wiped from his mind easing away the pain and replacing it with blissful love. The warm kind of love that melts you inside like a fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie. Without meaning to Carlos ended up nodding off on Ben's chest after they were finished kissing. He had worn himself out and was so comfortable in Ben's arms it was inevitable. Ben smiled and held Carlos tightly to his chest thinking only of how happy he was to finally have his puppy. For Carlos De Vil to finally be his.