20| I ... YOU

^^GABRIEL

"How can you be certain that they are to be trusted?", Jonathan asked Edward.

The SUV with my brothers drove off to Edward's small airport. A private jet would bring them home and if they were trustworthy, they would go on with the plan.

"They love each other more than their parents. I'm certain they want to get rid of them just as much as we want to", he answered laying his arm around me.

A few days ago, they were prisoners and now our allies. I couldn't even believe it. After our interrogation, Edward and I came up with a plan. We would use them as spies and when we would defeat Alpha James, they would be granted freedom. Elijah would become Alpha of the Felix Pack, Edward at first didn't like this part.

He claimed it was my birthright because I was born first. But why would I want to lead a pack that I barely now and it was on the other half of the world. I didn't grew up there and I could see it on Elijah's face how much he wanted it.

"You know that when they betray you-",

"We'll be in big trouble, I know", I muttered.

Jonathan sighed and laid his hand on his brothers shoulder before leaving us. I turned to Edward when I suddenly heard voices approach us.

My family.

They were leaving today. My uncle was needed in his pack and he would make sure the boys did as told. If they didn't, he would report it to us immediately. Giving us time to prepare.

"It's already time for you to leave?", I asked.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, but we're needed in our pack", my aunt pulled me in for a hug.

I tightened my arms around her and remembered what my brothers told me. I hadn't told her yet because I knew it was something she didn't like to talk about.

Yet I felt guilty because I didn't tell her.

"Cece", Edward spoke up.

He could feel my emotions. I let go of my aunt and looked at him with a pout. He nodded for me to continue.

I sighed and swallowed down my childish behaviour. She deserved to know this.

"When we were interrogation my brothers, they said something about Alpha James concerning you", I started slowly.

She frowned confused but I could see the discomfort in her eyes. This was the reason I didn't even want to mention it! She hates taking or even thinking about her past relationship with him.

"He believes that by killing me, you'll...", I couldn't even bring it out.

Luckily, she understood. She closed her eyes and I could see disgust on her face. Sometimes I wonder how she had been able to completely leave him behind? He was still her mate. Maybe mating to uncle Eros made her feelings for him vanish? I don't know.

"I didn't want to tell you because I know you don't like talking about him", I admitted.

She sighed and pushed her hair back. When she got worried she seemed to age. She never looked her age but I preferred seeing her happy. It made her look even more youthful.

"What he believes is very wrong. If he takes you away from me, I would kill him. I already hate him for hunting you and all the mistakes he made in the past. Killing you would make me feel an emotion no one even can name", she cupped my face.

It felt strange to hear her like this. She usually didn't like to fight. She was a kind and soft spirit. But also a mother and an aunt, so that made me understand this side of her.

"Uncle, I also have to-",

"Don't tell me about Liza", he muttered annoyed.

He looked annoyed to even think about her.
He pulled my aunt towards him and I heard her mutter something under her breath.

"I should've never brought her back from the death",

Primrose walked towards me and pulled me in for a tight hug. She looked less upbeat then when she arrived her a week ago. I understood why and I felt so bad that she had to go through that. She still didn't dare to sleep alone after seeing the 'present'.

"Please be safe", she whispered to me.

I kissed her cheek and wiped away her tears. She reminded me of Gabriel. They were the same age and both looked like lost puppies when they cried.

"I will be. Don't worry", that may be a lie.

She nodded and handed her luggage to the driver. Zeus pulled me into a bear hug and next to him stood Courtney who hugged her brother goodbye. She would travel with my family. She was attending NYC and my family's pack was close-by.

"Take care", he told me.

"So do you",

He nodded and helped Courtney with her bags. She gave me a tight hug before trialing behind him. It was still strange to see my cousin so close with a girl that wasn't his mate or family.

"Call me often!", my aunt called out before getting the SUV.

"Promise!",

I was serious. I would call her every other day. She may be miles away from me but those phone calls always made it seem like she was right beside me.

We waved them off and I leaned against Edward's chest. He laid his arms around me and kissed my temple.

"Don't worry, my dearest Cece. As long as we're together nothing shall ever harm you",

My heart whelmed up and I tried to believe it but something made me feel uncertain. Would we be able to defeat my father? He was driven and crazed. I had no idea to what extremes he would go. Daisy was one example of it and that already scared me.

What if he came from my family? What if my dream about Primrose dying was not just a dream? What if it was a warning?

"You'll worry yourself sick. He may be a crazed man but nothing is as powerful as a man protecting his mate", he turned me to him.

"Or a man trying to get her back", I whispered.

He cupped my face and I stared into his heavenly blue eyes. How did I get so lucky to have him as my mate?

"I promised you from the first day we met that I'll kill him. Your problem is mine",

Those words ran through my head and I was reminded of the day I first met him. The charity ball felt like a million years ago but it wasn't even a month ago. It was strange how close we've gotten over such a short period of time.

I just felt so comfortable and at ease with him. He was my mate. I was destined to be with him. The more I was with him, the more I understood that.

"I love you", the words just stumbled out but I meant them.

So much. From the bottom of my heart.

"I love you too", he admitted a soft smile playing on his lips.

I cupped his face and kissed him. It felt nice and pleasant. All my worries disappeared for a second. Being with him was healing to me. I knew that I would never let him go.

Because I truly love him