04| GOODBYE

My mom was gorgeous. A beauty I thrive to be. So precious and intimidating. It was a waste that it had left this world. It was a waste for her to ever been hurt and decide life wasn't worth living anymore.

I was packing my stuff to move in with Edward. He was my mate, so I had to go live with him. It wasn't like I was dreading it, I did want to get to know him and mate. But leaving my home and my family was hard.

Over the years I got used to the daily routine. Training with Primrose in the early morning which mostly ended up with us gossiping instead of running. Although we always got caught by uncle Eros and had to face his wrath. It was funny to see him running after us, scowling and lecturing.

Now that all was going to change and I would have to adjust to Edwards life style. I knew it was going to be different, since he was an enforcer and lived in another country.

The picture frame felt heavy in my hands and my smiling mother rushed courage through my veins. But thinking about her misery and pain left a bitter taste in my throat.

"Are you all set?",

His accent still send shivers down my spine and I prayed for that feeling to never leave. I looked up at my door, to which he was leaning. His strong arms were crossed over his impressive chest.

"Is that your mum?", Edward asked glancing at the frame.

He stepped closer to me and I could feel his eyes examining the photo. I normally got protective over this picture, only my family was aloud to see it. When my friends were over, I always dodged their question and they never bothered to ask again. Yet with him. I wanted him to ask question and know all about me.

"Yes", I nodded.

"She's beautiful just like you",

A lazy smile fell on my lips and I playfully hide the frame from him. I looked up in his steely grey eyes.

"Are you hitting on my mom?", I grinned cheekily.

He smiled softly and sent me a wink. I placed the frame carefully down in my bag and closed it. That was my last item, the rest was fully packed. I took a look to my empty room and sighed.

"Why don't you go say goodbye to your friends and family? My team and I will carry down your stuff, and once we're done, we must leave. I need to be back in London tomorrow", he suggested grabbing a few bags.

I smiled gratefully and hurried out of my room to my family. They were assembled in the living room, laughing at what seemed a video. I recognized it immediately as one of my aunts old video clips.

Her melodic voice rang through the room and I found her hiding behind my uncle, red from shame. I never understood why she was so shy about it. Her voice was incredible and it was obvious she was a big thing.

"Mom, I honestly think you need a comeback. You're thirty seven and still hot. People dig that", Primrose called our.

Zeus turned it off and hit her with the pillow. I chuckled as they started to fight. Primrose jumped on top of her brother like a monkey and went animalistic on him. I knew Zeus was holding back, because she was still his baby sister. But I've seen him fight men ten times bigger than him and he always wins.

"Cece", my aunt called and hugged me tightly.

"I came to say goodbye",

The atmosphere changed and filled with sadness. I felt guilty, since I didn't want to leave them, but I had no choice. Edward was my mate and his responsibilities laid in the United Kingdom. 

"I'm gonna miss you, Cece", Zeus stepped forward and laid his arms around me.

I hugged him tightly and felt sadness fill in my body. He was my cousin, but also my best friend. We were always together, we did everything together. He was my little brother and just a great listener. We helped each other with problems, or just laughed together. It's sad that that's going to change and we'll be miles apart.

"I'm going to miss you too, Thunder boy", I pressed a kiss to his cheek.

He smiled sadly and nodded. Each time I looked at him, I felt proud. He is going to be a incredible Alpha on day and a faithful mate. Whoever the girl might be, she's a very lucky gal.

"Can I have your red boots now you're going to be gone?", Primrose asked.

My family scowled at her and I laughed loudly before dragging her in an embrace. She really did know how to make me smile whenever. I rested my chin on her head and sighed.

"I'll miss you, Primie",

A frown formed on her gorgeous face and she shook her head. She didn't like my words. She always expressed her emotions nonverbal.

"That's sounds too much like a goodbye. Don't expect me to not stalk you everyday",

I smiled widely and pressed a kiss to her cheek. Her skin was so clear and tan from our trip to Greece last summer. I knew she was serious and she would text or call me everyday. Which I really wanted and appreciated.

"All jokes aside, you know you can always call me", I insisted.

She nodded and stepped away. There were tears blinking in her eyes and k felt so guilty for leaving her. She was just really entering the teenage years of her life and I always promised to guide her through it. I still will, but now from miles away.

"You give me one call and I'll be there in a few hours", my uncle warned me with a intruding look.

"I'll be fine, uncle Eros", I tried to assure him.

He nodded slowly and I was pulled into one of his bear hugs. Words were really his thing, he couldn't vocalize his feelings well like his mate. He did it with gestures such as bear hugs. It was quite cute and I could feel that he loves me.

"Just be safe", he worried and pressed a kiss to my temple.

Next was my aunt and she could barely keep her tears in. She was so small and fragile that I sometimes forgot how powerful she truly was. I held her in my arms and filled my nose with her familiar scent and prayed for it to never leave me.

"I knew this day would come, but I never thought it would be so soon", she muttered.

I stayed quiet and just rested my head on her shoulder. That was so symbolic to me. All the times I've cried on her shoulder for so much different reasons and now I was finally saying goodbye. The shoulder was going to be many miles away.

"Just know you're family is here and we're always one call away. I love you very much and I'm going to miss you like crazy", a tear fell down in my neck and I pulled away.

Now she was crying and I bite my lip from restraining myself. I didn't like to cry and especially, I didn't like it when my aunt cried. Our family always compared her to a lost puppy when she did and you felt guilty no matter if you wronged her or not.

"I'm going to miss you too. All of you", I spoke.

She pressed a kiss to my cheek just as the door behind us opened. It was Edward. That was my cue to leave. That was the start of something new. I looked at my future and then back at my past, only hoping both would get along well.

"The cars filled. Are you ready?",

I looked at my family, who nodded at me. Then I turned back to Edward. He was staring at me, slightly worried. Maybe a tear did make his way down. I didn't know, but I did reply.

"I am",