.:Chapter 17:.

Riley and Sammy were laying on the football feild again, laying different directions heads next to each other. They were laughing an talking about anything and everything. Riley sniffed the air and rolled pulling Sammy with her. A wolf pounced right where they once were, he growled at them. Everything in Riley's body said fight him, but she was thinking ahead for herself and her child. So she called for Ian loud and clear through the pack link.

She could have just used their mate link, but she didn't know if there were more wolves around. So it'd be better if he had back up. Ian's howl was heard all around the school and then his form was running across the football feild. The unknown wolf growled and Ian slid over Riley, while pack members surrounded every where. Other iffy wolves were pushed in to the feild.

Ian shifted right there, still pressed against Riley. The girl could only be glad he wasn't showing his assets, Riley wrapped her arms around him. He seemed to calm down some as he felt her close to him.

"Who are you and what areyou doing here?" He demanded at the wolf.

The male growled and showed his teeth. He looked over at Sammy as she let out a little grunt as she sat up. His body went stiffen then loosened as he whined to get her attention. Sammy looked over at him and her eyes widened when she looked in to his eyes. Riley looked between the two and put a hand over Ian's mouth so he'd stop growning.

"Um Mister wolf sir, do you mind shifting. No one is going to hurt you or anything I promise." Riley sworeto him.

She looked over to one of her pack members. He saw her looking and stepped forward to hear her command.

"Can you get him some bottoms please?" She asked.

"Of course Alpha." He replied.

He went in to the woods and came back soon after, with shorts he dropped them by the wolf even taused Ian some and backed up back in to place. Ian pulled his on still on top of Riley who was trying not to pay attention to Ian and his parts rubbing up against her in public. He stood up picking her up with him and wrapping his arms around her belly keeping it protected from harm. Riley snuggled in to his chest as she turned away from the male as he began to shift.

There was a shuffle of clothing moving up his body and then he cleared his throat. Riley turned back around and saw him in his human form. He was a few inches smaller then Ian, but just as built, he had his own scars on his body. Sammy nearly pounced him to the ground as she latched on to him. Ian growled, while Riley smacked his chest making him stop.

"What's your name?" Riley asked.

"Ben." He answered in a deep voice, wrapping Sammy in his arms.

"Nice to meet you Ben, I'm Riley Redwood, this is my mate Ian Lancer. And the girl you're holding is Samantha Lancer aka Sammy." Riley introduced.

Ben nodded, while Riley looked at the other guys that were now shifted and dressed, all looking rather angry to be ordered to shift by a pack. She moved to step toward them but Ian held her back, giving him a look Riley pulled away and went to the youngest looking one. He looked at her with a glare, her eyes switched in a second glaring right back at him. The boy stepped back and Riley grabbed his wrist in a heart beat, he stiffened up.

"Mmm it seems you're wolf isn't to happy with you, and you're clear of any iffy blood." She said, she let him go and walked to the others.

The looked at her as if she was crazy as she held out her hand. The oldest placed his hand in hers, she gave him a smile showing she wasn't going to hurt him.

"Hmm Ian, Sammy he's related to you some where down the line." Riley threw over her shoulder to them.

Ian and Sammy looked at her with shocked faces. Riley just went to the next guy and looked at him, he looked back at her and her hand. She dropped it and just looked at him, she then hand him by his throat.

"It'd be wise not do what you're thinking about doing, because you will end up dead before you can even try." She hissed.

Ian stiffened and stepped closer toward his mate. Riley just dropped the guy and came back to Ian, snuggling up in to his chest. He picked her up and turned away from everyone going back towards the school.

+-+-+-+-+-+

"So you're trying to tell me this group of guys, were sent here to try and kill you. Sammy happens to be mates with the guy that was leading. The boy has no idea what he's doing. One of them is my relative, and the last one is intent on killing you whether these three don't want to or not. Do I have everything?" Derick asked.

He sat behind his desk with Riley and Ian in the love seat, Sammy in a chair with her mate beside her, and everyone else standing. All of them pretty much just nodded at him.

"Why oh why did we decide to have this compation this year?" He asked, tipping his head back.

Riley decided she wasn't going to voice her opinion on this subject. Ian had to bite back a smile, while Sammy cough to keep from laughing. Derick looked at the three and frowned his eyebrows.

"You three are killing me here. The rest of you keep watch over them, I need to talk to Ian and Riley for a moment." Derick told them.

Everyone nodded again and left the room, Riley wiggled in her seat intill she was sure that no one could hear them. Derick looked over at them.

"Your mother said you guys had to tell me something." He said.

A smile lit up Ian's face and put his hand on Riley's stomach. Derick raised an eyebrow wondering what was going on. Riley patted Ian's thigh to let him know he could tell his father.

"We're having a pup." Ian breathed.

Derick's jaw dropped as he stared at the two soon to be parents. They looked so happy and he could only smile with him as he thought about the little boy or girl running around getting spoiled to death.

"We need to figure out who wants to kill you." He said, after a moment.

"Hillstone." Riley said.

Both males looked at her, she stood up and reached her arms above her head cracking her back easily. She went and looked out the window, her eyes running over their packs laughing and talking. There was no way she was going to let that old man kill her and win, she looked back at the father and son.

"He's not going to kill me ever, not if I get to him first." She said.