.:Chapter 10:.

Riley dropped Ian in to his couch and turned around sharply, with her hands on her hips. Steven stopped with Sammy in his arms, the small girl staring them down. Ian moved to say something but Riley held up her hand shutting him up right then and there.

"What did I say about sitting back and letting them be idiots?" Riley snapped.

"We were warred Riley." Sammy mumbled.

"If you were challenged to jump off a bridge, in to a bunch of rocks would you do it?" She asked.

Sammy winched and hid her face in Steven's neck.

"You Steven could have helped, cause I heard you could switch fighters. No where did it say it couldn't be a male tagged in. You as a Beta should have realized this." Riley shot at him.

The girl turned her eyes on to Ian, giving him a hard look.

"I would have thought you Ian would go find the reason why you were being warred. NOT arguing with the others to say who is stronger." Riley hissed.

All three of them were looking down, all having pushed the small girl a little to far. Even the whole pack could feel it, the girl was just getting started with her anger. All having finally pushed her to the edge she use to be miles from.

Riley walked to the door opened it, walked out, and slammed it behind her. She could feel her body shake, her wolf ready to claw her way out. Riley hurried down the stairs passing people as she went, she pushed the front doors open bursting in to her wolf no sooner did she step on to the grass. Her huge head tipped back and she howled for all she was worth, before running forward trying to get away.

Everyone watched the female run away from them all, her howl bouncing around in their heads. Only a select few could feel the wolves pace their minds, it was like they could tell something was going to happen.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Riley finally came to a stop, as her huge chest heaved trying to get air in to her lungs. Even her legs were shaking from running so long and far. She couldn't even begin to tell you where she was, something around her broke a twig and she flew around to where she heard it. Riley let out a warning growl, before she began to walk forward in to a clearing.

There were pillars here and there all over the huge open space. She looked down at the ground when her paws sunk a little. The ground was covered in ashes, her head looked all around trying to smell if there had been a fire here, but all she could smell was fresh air. Riley felt the need to walk further in to the clearing. Building walls were all around her, and it hit her that she was in a small town.

As Riley walked in to the center of the space, everything seemed to go quiet. It made the hairs on her back stick up, she crouched down looking every where for any sign of movement. Her ears flattened on her head, everything in her body told her to call for Ian, but her stubburness told her other wise.

"Shift. Show your back." Her wolf whispered, in her mind.

"Are you crazy?" Riley asked.

"No just do it." She repiled.

Riley looked around her again before, she started shifting back in to her human form. Her hair fell from her shoulders as she sat there on her hands and knees, she couldn't move even if she wanted to. Her whole body felt like jelly, it was really tired. Groaning in pain, Riley slowly sat up on her legs, her hair covering up all her assets.

She felt all the things coming toward her stop dead in their traces. Even the breeze there was had even stopped, this was getting weirder and weirder for Riley, she had no idea what was going on with her and her wolf. It was starting to hurt, Riley staggered to her feet fighting whatever decided it was going to grip on to her.

"Riley don't try." Her wolf whispered.

"You and I both know we aren't like we use to be. We are Alphas. We are rare. We are so much more then people give us credit for. It's about damn time we start acting like we should, no more running away." Riley wheezed even in her mind.

Her wolf stood there in her mind, feeling shock ripple through her body for the first time. It wasn't that Riley hadn't recented her, it was just the girl hadn't ever had the will to fight to be what she really was. But here she was ready to fight against the holy ground of the Redwood's. The wolf closed her eyes as she gave a wolfish smile.

"Yes it's about time." She whispered.

The wolf went in to the girl's heart and mind and unlocked the power that had always been there only sleeping, waiting. Riley cried out in some pain as she fell to her knees again, she started crawling through the little town. Ash coating every where on her body. She felt her on lookers just watch her, she could actually feel their shock. What she notice within herself was the pain easing from her bones.

It felt like a rush of power was going through her body, and she pushed her body to stand again. Her feet dragged in the ash but she was walking, leaning on the broken walls.

"I can't take it anymore. How is she able to do that?" A voice screeched.

Riley looked over where it came from, her eyes locking with a girl's pale grey ones. Her mind and ears had locked on to the girl before her eyes could even begin to find her. The girl stumbled back as Riley stared at her, then Riley looked away and continued to walk. It was like it was taking her some where. Suddenly her eyes widened as she remembers what Ren had said, she was a Redwood, her blood was showing her where to go.

"Here." A voice whispered in the wind.

Riley looked around where she stopped. It was in front of a huge broken building, the bricks were dull and broken. The size of the building made Riley wonder if this was an important place.

"Dig." The voice whispered again.

Falling to her knees the small girl began to dig, past the ash, past the new growing grass, past handfulls of dirt. Her fingers hit a box, and she pulled it up out of the ground. Riley opened the lid and found a necklace laying inside. The necklace it's self was all white gold, or silver, there were two things dangling from it. A running wolf howling to the sky it seemed like, and a diamond gem shaped like a tear drop.

Raising it up to the sun Riley looked at it for a few minutes, before she jumped out of the way of a girl trying to get the necklace.  Riley snarled at her some, as she kept jumping out of the way.

"Give me it you outsider. That belongs to us." She screeched.

"I'd put it on if I were you." Riley's wolf commented.

Without a second thought Riley clipped the necklace around her neck, and shifted in to her wolf quickly. What shocked her and the girl was the fact the necklace didn't shatter when she shifted. It expanded to fit her neck.

"She's the one." An old voice said.

Soon more people were coming out of the wood work, Riley put her back to a wall and growled at them all.

"Easy female, we're not going to hurt you." He said.

"I want to." The girl said.

Riley's wolf head snapped toward to her and growled even more. She jumped out of the way of the guys making a grab for her. Tipping her back as she ran Riley called for her mate, she called for Ian.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Ian jerked up in his seat in class, scaring everyone in the room. Riley was calling for him he felt it, he ran out the classroom room and through the halls, past the Alphas. He was sheding clothes left and right then was in his wolf form running for his little mate that had been gone for two days. He knew she was stubburn and wouldn't call for him even if she was in danger, but if the danger was high she'd call. And she had.

"Hold on Riley." He whispered.

His wolf nodding in agreement.