.:Chapter 23:.

Paws hit the ground, as a huge pack of wolves thundered through the forest. Small animals scattered out of their path. The females of the pack caught scent of their pups and took off faster then the pack. The woods broke open to a feild with a gothic looking castle in the middle, they ran towards it following the scents to a huge hole in the wall. Sniffing before the stepped in they were greeted with cells, they heard whimmering and rushed in to find their babys huddled up together shivering some. The mothers let out whines of their own, slamming their bodies against the bars. When the children noticed their mothers they rushed towards them, feeling their fur to see if they were real.

Ian let out a small roar, making them back up. He threw himself at the bars, making them bend enough for the little ones to slip out. Ian shifted and looked over each one before handing them over to their mother.

"Where's Riley?" He asked.

"Not here. They moved her when they heard her mate was coming for her. That was a week ago, took her when she was in a deep sleep. They're scare of her, that whole she made with just shoving her foot in to the Alpha's chest. They took the big guy too, left the rest of us here." A voice said.

Everyone looked over at the cell to the right, a guy no older then Ian came out of the darkness. Taylor gasped and rushed to him trying to get close to him. The male let out a pleased growl and went to her, pushing his hand in to her hair. His blue eyes looked her over making sure there was no scratches. Taylor looked over at her Alpha's mate with pleading eyes.

"Ian can you get him out?" She asked.

"Well clearly you can find a mate anyway." Ian mused.

He walked over to the bars and started pulling. Zack and Damion came over, as well and helped pull since the three were pure breds. The bars pulled apart easily, the unknown male stepped up and scooped Taylor to him. She let out a purr, making Damion and Zack roll their eyes.

"How did she look?" Ian asked.

"Very pregnant. The Alpha guy is going to kill her after having the pup, when he threatened it he got shoved through the wall. There are so many people in on this you wouldn't believe me if I told you. All for one female." He replied.

"It isn't just one female, she happens to be the first born pup to an Alpha. She's a Redwood and an Alpha. That female is the only thing between you living or dieing." Ian snarled.

He turned ignoring his Taylor's glare and headed back out in to the yet again raining world. Ian was getting tired of rain, specially when it kept washing away his mate's scent. Even through she wasn't here he was glad that they had gotten the pups back. Now all that was left to do was put all the worry on his missing mate and un-born pup.

.:.

Riley woke up in a wagon.

"Really? What era are we in? The middle ages?" She thought.

She sat up groaning, she was yet again chained up only this time she didn't have enough chain to kill someone.

"You're finally awake, we've been going for a week. Seems like your mate was very close to finding you. Hillstone ran as fast as he could after he heard." The gold eyed man told her.

"The children." Riley gasped, looking around.

"They were left behind with some male in the cell beside you. Hillstone is also frantic because he can't seem to find the council or get in touch with them. And it seems your baby is due anyday, at least that's what the doctor is saying." He said.

Riley wrapped her arms around her belly, growling at the thought of this stupid male taking her baby. But she also felt a pain in her heart, Ian wouldn't be there to see the birth of their baby. She closed her eyes and throught about Ian, but her eyes got tighter as she felt liquid fall down her legs. Her eyes looked over at the male and he was staring wide eyed at her.

The wage was pulled to a jerking stop, as she let out a cry of pain. Soon an unknown woman rushed in. She began speaking in some language, then was shouting orders as she shot Riley up with something. Riley's vision began to fade, she fell in to blackness as she heard Aaron Hillstone's voice.

.:.

Opening her eyes only a little Riley noticed a bundle in Sarah Hillstone's arms, as the woman cooed to the bundle. Riley could feel her babies tie to her tighten, as the baby began to notice it's mother was waking up. It began to cry.

"I don't think so." Hillstone hissed.

He thrusted a dagger right in to Riley's chest, as she took a breath in pain it was broken with a cough and blood coming out of her mouth. Riley's head fell to the side some, and she saw the male looking horror struck. She reached over slowly grabbing his ankle.

"Keep my baby safe untill their father comes. Please." Riley thought to him.

Before he could answer her, Riley was kicked off the wagon. Her body rolled down a hill, dagger shining in the moon like that seemed to break through the clouds around it. Riley let out a staggering breath, as her body splashed in to the river at the bottom of the hill. The current took her down stream, the moon light staying on her.

.:.

Ian let out a howl of pain as he felt the bond with Riley tighten then fade, at the same time he felt a whole new bond. He howled up to the moon, his mate was fading fast and his pup was in the hands of a monster. Ian put his heart in his paws and began to run as fast as he could to save the two things that were his world.