.:Chapter 20:.

Riley was humming as she munched on chocolate chips, as she held the bag in her hands. Pete and Red were trailing behind her keeping a watchful eye on their pregnant Alpha female. They were heading towards gym, even through she was completely not dressed for it. Riley was dressed in one of Ian's tighter shirts that hugged her growing bump but it was loose, bell-bottom light faded jeans, and flip flops. No one was going to ask her to change either, everyone could smell she was pregnant by now and it ment if anyone even touched a hair on her head, or made her emotions get out of control they had to deal with her mate.

Skipping in to the gym Riley looked around for Ian and found him with some of his friends and Steven, so she decided to go to Sammy instead. Her best friend grinned at her as she plopped down beside her on the bench.

"Want some?" Riley asked, offering her chocolate chips.

"No I'm okay. How many bags of those have you had today?" Sammy asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Hmm, Red how many of these have I had?" Riley asked.

"About four, that's your fifth." He replied.

"What he said." She told Sammy.

The girl cracked up at her friend and smiled at her, Riley smiled back putting more sweet chips in her mouth. Riley crossed her legs at her ankles, as three random girls came towards them. Red and Pete were on alert at the sight of non-pack members. Sammy gave them a look that told them she'd be okay and that Riley would handle it.

"So you're the pregnant girl." One stated.

"What gave it away?" Riley asked, completely relaxed.

"Gotten fat." Another said.

"Really? You're going do the fat jokes?" Riley asked, again.

The girls looked like they were getting uncomfortable, at not being able to ruffle Riley's feathers. Riley yawned and stood up she was even more short then the girls because of the heels they wore, she looked up at them putting chips in her mouth. The girl that had yet to say anything clutched her fist, Riley was showing them that she wasn't threatened by them for a second.

"I'd guard that baby wouldn't want it to turn out like you." The girl said, pointing at Riley's belly.

One second Riley was giving her a sweet smile, then the next she was laid out on her back looking up at the gym ceiling. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Riley standing tall to a angle, her chin angled up, and eyes blazing.

"You should watch what you say to me dalrin, I've been playing nice this whole time. Not with just you." Riley crouched down beside the girl her wrists resting on her knees. "You know a girl like me has a lot of anger I've been very good at keeping it down and hidden. If you were to see me full blown angry you'd end up dead in a heart beat. But you say something about my baby again or even hear about you thinking or saying something about him or her, I'll be the last thing you see. Do you hear me?" Riley asked, keeping her voice calm and low.

The girl couldn't nod her head fast enough, Riley looked at her from the corner of her eye and gave her a deadly smirk, before the look vanished and Riley was smiling with a small laugh. She stood up dusting herself off.

"Glad you could understand me." She giggled.

Riley started humming again eatting her chocolate chips, walking toward Ian who was watching her. The girl slowly got off the ground panting and shaking with fear. Sammy raised her eyebrow and looked over at the two guys that kept their eyes on Riley, but they had blank faces not letting it show they knew something about this anger. They gave her small smiles and headed over to the friends they hung with when Riley was in Ian's care.

"Are you okay?" One of the girl's friends asked.

"Don't threaten baby, don't talk about it either." The girl gasped.

Sammy just stared at the girl wondering what Riley had said to her to look so tramatized like that. She looked over at Riley smile and laughing with Ian, there were some things her best friend wasn't showing. How deep was her pain for real.

.:.

.:.Somewhere Else.:.

His fist slammed on to his desk, yet another Alpha turned down his offer to take down Riley Redwood. All saying they weren't going to cross a Lancer. Lancer his ass, those buffons hadn't done anything for years. One ends up being a Redwood mate and all of them are running scared. What made him even madder was the fact that the stupid worthless bitch was pregnant, he wanted to growl for what his stupid Beta did. Sending her away without his order, now she had a mate, a child on the way, and powers she wasn't ment to know about.

He rubbed his face and looked out his window at the moon, it shined down at him as if in laughter. As he blinked a woman appeared in front of him, in white just staring at him then she walked around his office.

"Alpha Hillstone you are playing with fire. You do not have the resources to even begin to go to war with Alpha Redwood. You are years to late to be able to even touch the power you are trying to grasp." She told him.

"I will get it, I will be king of this race. I am fit to be a king." Hillstone roared.

The Moon Maiden shot him a look that made him choke on his breath. Her eyes were like ice stakes going through him, she appeared sitting on his desk making him jump some. She put her hand on his jaw tilting his head up towards her so he was looking in to her eyes.

"You are far from a King, you are so below one that you should be put in the dungeons of his castle. I really mean it do not mess with that girl and her child, or even her mate and pack. You don't know the power behind her." The Maiden whispered.

The office door opened and both adults looked toward it. Sarah stared at her mate and a nameless woman on her mate's desk. They were so close together it looked like they were ready to kiss, the woman stood up from the desk dropping her hand from Alpha Hillstone's face. The Moon Maiden looked at Sarah Hillstone then walked towards the window.

"Don't tempted the King, because that King has a Queen that won't hold back if you harm her kingdom. In her eyes there is no dugeon only a grave in the ground." The Moon Maiden said, giving her final warning.

She faded in to the light of the moon, leaving the room quiet. Sarah Hillstone had to keep herself shaking in rage of a woman in her home, near her mate, and he didn't stop her from touching him.

"Who was that?" She asked.

"None of your concern." He stated.

"It is my concern when she is touching my mate." Sarah spat. His eyes snapped to her in a hard glare, making her take a step back hitting the shut door.

"When I say it's none of your concern then that's what it is, do not question me woman. Or so help me god you won't see the light of the next day." He growled at her.

Sarah gasped and held her chest as if in pain, unable to think she threw open the office door and ran. Her mate didn't even call after her telling her to come back, oh no he sat in his office looking over papers on his desk. He didn't need a woman demanding things even if it was his mate right now. He was a man after power and he was going to get it, he'd show the Moon Maiden who was really the King. And it began with killing Riley Redwood, Ian Lancer, and that child of theirs.

"Oh Riley you're going to wish you never found out about yourself." He muttered.