.:Chapter 1:.

She rested her head back on the brick pillar, as she looked out on the sports fields and woods. Her calf high combat boots were loosely tied, her black skinny jeans had holes in them, a Hollywood Undead band shirt hung on her body but showed her figure, and lastly her black zip up hoodie hung off her one shoulder slightly.

Riley had been here for almost a year, there were no letters from home or trips back home for the holidays. Some teachers took pity on her and asked if she wanted to join their families, but Riley declined every time. The students around here stayed clear of her, they didn't like that a new wolf had joined there pack or the fact that she never talked.

Turns out this was one big pack house, and the principle was the alpha. Derick Lane was surprised to see her show up on his door step so long ago, even his mate, Chloe Lane, was shocked. Though she took one look at the girl looking up at them with a helpless pained look on her face, that she wrapped her arms around Riley. That was the day Riley let everything go and just cried. Chloe looked up at her mate and he knew this broken girl wasn't going to leave.

Even though Chloe already had a children she treated Riley, as if she was her own. Some of the she wolves where upset about that, Riley assumed it was because of the son she had yet to meet. He was out looking for his mate, with his sister and beta.

Chloe had said they'd be back any day now no matter if he found his mate or not. Riley had also learned that all wolves have mates, but if their heart was broken or their mates mated to another then their wolves would find a wolf that was also broken and bond with it like it was their real mate to start with. Riley knew her wolf was looking every day.

"Riley." Chloe's voice shouted from down below.

Riley looked down at the women, as she stood under the arch way on which the younger girl was sitting on. The older women look up at the blue eyed strangely silver haired girl.

"Come on, they'll be here any minute." Chloe called.

Standing up Riley took one more look out on the sunset glow on the fields, then jumped down beside Chloe. The older women led the way making conversation for the both of them, as the younger one fallowed behind listening to everything she said.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Oh daddy she was amazing." A girl's voice was praising.

Chloe moved quicker till she was in a full run, as Riley continued to walk. Pack members moved out of the alpha female's way so she could get to her children, then closed back up not letting Riley by. She just shrugged and jumped on top of the lockers in the hallway and sat down.

"What do you mean was?" Chloe asked, hugging her daughter to her.

"The witch ran scared and went to her wolf boyfriend and mated to him." The strawberry blond girl ranted.

Everyone gasped and covered their mouths, the guys and Derick looked shock ridden. Riley tilted her head to the black haired boy, with his eyes down casted. Her wolf could smell the pain rolling off of him.

Him.

Her soft whisper spoke to Riley, shaking the poor girl to the core.

Talk to him.

What if he doesn't want us like Reed?

He and his wolf are not like them at all.

Riley thought about what she said, and decided to talk for the first time in a long time.

"It's okay." Her voice said, over the silences.