Chapter 16 Sally & Her Crush

Ten years later, Sally is now fifteen years old!  Marinette and Adrien can not believe how fast the time went by since the day they brought her home from the orphanage to stay with them.

    "Bye, Sally!  Have fun, see you later!" Marinette signed as Sally left for school.

"Bye, Mom and Dad!  Love you, see you later!" Sally signed to them.

      The cat pouts since Sally left the house and refuses to budge off the couch.  Soon, though someone knocks at the door.  She laughs when she remembers neither of them can hear it. She was about to walk away when the door opened.

    "Oh, hi Emilie, I mean, Mom!" Marinette signed.

"Mom, it is good to see you,"  Adrien signed.

  "Where is my granddaughter?"  Emilie signed.

"She is at school," Marinette signed in response.

   "I know this may come as a shock to you both, but I am getting remarried!"  Emilie signed.

    "Wow, Mom!" Congrats Adrien signed.

    "Yes, Congratulations!''  Marinette signed to Emilie.

  Meanwhile, with Sally at school, "Hi guys!" She said but signed too.

  "Hi, bestie!" Annie signed. 

"Hi, Annie!  Hi, Sally!" Lester signed.

"Hi, everyone!" Cleo and Melvin said.  They signed to Lester and Annie.

"Do not talk to me or look at me either, got it!" Jacklyn said.

  "Goodness, there is no need to be so rude!" Ericka said.

"Oh, yeah!  Well, no one even asked you, Ericka!" She scoffed.

"Come on Lester, let's leave this half-deaf girl and her awful loser friends!" Jacklyn said.

"Listen you need to stop this, " Lester said. He did not like Vicky and wished she would leave him alone.

Lester signed to the others, "So sorry for my sister, Jacklyn's  rude attitude."   

  Kyle walked by listening to music on his mp3 player.  He smiled, waved, but kept ongoing.

  "Lester you know you are kinda cute," Ericka said and giggled.

  "Ericka, I am not interested, sorry, " Lester replied.

  After school,  "I can not believe my brother wants to waste time with that half-deaf girl and her fully deaf friend,"  Jacklyn said with a scowl.

"I can not say I blame them because they are a lot nicer than you," Ericka remarked.

"Thanks, but I do not need to get advice from someone my brother turned down," Jacklyn spat out at her.

  "Sally, would you like to hang out sometime?" Lester asked.

"She would love too," Annie signed.

"Annie, why did you do that for?"  Sally signed.

"What is the problem?  You do like him, right?"  Annie signed back to her.

"Yes, but that is not the point," Sally signed to her friend.

"Sally, I will see you at six o'clock," Lester signed then went home.

"Then, what is the point then?"  Annie signed after Lester left.

"My parents can be embarrassing at times!"  Sally signed.

"Oh, I am sure it can not be that bad," Annie signed.

Annie and the others went home, so Sally did the same.   Right at 6 pm, Lester arrived to see Sally. He knocked at the door.  Sally let her parents know she would get the door and opened it.

  Right after he came inside,  Sally signed, "Mom, Dad, this is my friend Lester."

  "Hi, it is nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Agreste!"  Lester signed.

"Nice to meet you too, Lester," Marinette signed.

"Nice to meet you Lester, but you can call me, Adrien,"  Adrien signed to Lester.

"Thanks for letting me spend the day with your lovely daughter here,"  Lester signed.

      Sally blushed and thought did my crush just call me lovely. 

    Marinette explained Lester was to have her back by 8:30 pm.  Lester agreed to this and he left with Sally.

     "You are parents are nice," Lester said.

      "I think so too. They adopted me ten years ago when I was only five," Sally told him.

    "Cool, so you are the same age as me,"  Lester said.

   "Both my parents are deaf, but I am only partially deaf," Sally replied.

   "I am only partially deaf too," Lester said.

        Lester and Sally on a bench together.  "I like you, Sally!" Lester said.

  "I like you too,"  Sally responded.

       Lester asked Sally to be his girlfriend and she told him she needed her parent's permission first. He nodded his head to show he agreed with her decision.  

   It began to rain, and Sally asked "Do you have an umbrella?"

"Yes, but I left it at home,"  Lester replied.

"Oh," Sally said. 

Lester walked her home, and once they got back in out of the rain he asked Sally's folks if he could date her.

  Adrien and Marinette explained that as nice as he is that Sally was not old enough for a boyfriend.  They said she had to wait until she was eighteen.

  Lester said he would wait three years if that is what it took to date his beloved Sally. Then, he took his leave.

  Sally was sad but respected her parents' wishes for her.

the end...