Chapter 5 Deaf Best Friends

Four months later, Adrien signed to his mother, " I am going to meet up with Marinette!"

      "Ok, son!  See you when you get back," Mrs. Agreste signed back.

     "Well, tell your girlfriend, I said hi!" Lily signed.

 "I will, but she is not my girlfriend," Adrien signed. He left the house and laughed.

      Lily stood there confused. She thought Adrien asked Marinette out by now.

     This time Marinette was in the meeting spot and smiled when she saw Adrien. 

    "Hi, best friend!" Marinette signed.

   "Hi, Marinette!" Adrien signed.

   Kim saw Adrien and Marinette use sign language with each other. He comes to them and scoffs, "Well, who do we have here?"

    Kim grabbed Marinette's arm.  Adrien saw this and looked ticked off.   

    "Hey, leave her alone!" He signed.

    Kim signed,  "Fine, I  will leave you and your girlfriend alone!"  He let go of Marinette's arm and walked off.

    "Adrien, are you all right?" Marinette signed.

   "Yes, but who was that guy?" He signed.

   "Oh, that was Kim, he is the guy I told you about that I met a long time ago, " Marinette signed.

"Ok, I am glad he left and that he did not take you with him," Adrien quickly signed back.

"I am glad he left too," Marinette replied with sign language.

"Tomorrow, I can not come here," Marinette signed.

   "Oh, why not?" Adrien signed in concern for her.

"I just can not, but I promise I will be here at the same time the day after tomorrow," Marinette signed.

"Ok, see you  Wednesday," Adrien signed. 

Tuesday it did not rain as the weather report promised.  Adrien went to the field and remembered Marinette could not come.  He sighed and recalled she will be here tomorrow. He could not help but worry about her. It was not like her to shrug him off without any real answers. 

   Wednesday, Marinette got ready for the day. She was glad she could meet Adrien today. She sure missed him yesterday. At the last minute, she decided not to go to the field but was not sure why.

Adrien went to the flowery area. He waited for Marinette to show up. It turned dark and she never came. He wondered what became of Marinette. He noticed when it was rather late because the stars came out. He went home and thought maybe she forgot.

"Adrien, how did it go with Marinette today?"  His mother asked.

"Oh, she never showed up." Adrien sighed.  He sighed as he thought maybe I only love her.

"Oh, I am sorry she did not come, Adrien," His mother signed.

"Mom,  I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend," Adrien signed.

"Try not to worry so much, I am sure she had a good reason," Mrs. Agreste signed.

"Mom, I think,  I love Marinette!" Adrien signed and sighed.

"Oh, I see!"  Mrs. Agrete sighed. She thought I am sure Marinette loves him maybe she is just afraid.