Chapter 1 Marinette Meets Someone New

Many years later, there is a field of red flowers far as the eye can see, no one would ever guess the town deaf girl planted them.  She did not let it get her down being alone, because she was used to it by now.  She had been by herself since her relatives left town because they were afraid of her.  Some say she was a curse to the family line, and others did not say a word about her.

  Marinette continued to plant flowers instead of complaining about being lonely. She read books and drew things too. She did not have any assistance because she could not afford it.

   One day a newcomer came to the town who did not know anything about Marinette's background. This handsome stranger was also deaf, but only his mother and sister knew this.

 It just so happened that Marinette and Adrien were in the park for a walk at the same time. 

     The townspeople had a meeting where some people thought the deaf girl ought to leave, and others thought she ought to stay.  The arguments on both sides when on for a while. The judge ruled there was no need to throw out a citizen who had broken none of the town's rules. The decision was made she could stay, and the lady did not know about it.

  Marinette continued her walk in the park, and someone bumped into her.  He looked up and signed, "Oh, sorry!"

    Marinette signed back, "It is ok, I  am all right!"

Next, she signed, "How did you know I was deaf?"

The young man laughed and signed, " I did not.  I am deaf too."

 Marinette smiled and signed, "I am Marinette, what is your name?"

Adrien smiled back at her as he signed, "I am Adrien Agreste."

    Marinette thought, he is cute and it is hard to believe he does not hear anything like me.