Chapter 14 Sally Comes Home!

Adrien woke up the next day and got dressed. He watched his beautiful wife as she continued to sleep.  He smiled when she opened her eyes and looked right at him.

      "Good morning," She signed.

      "Good morning, my lovely wife," Adrien signed. He kissed her after she got dressed for the day.

    "Adrien, what are our plans for the day?"  Marinette signed.

   "How about we go eat breakfast?" Adrien signed.

      Marinette nodded her head since she felt the vibrations as her tummy rumbled. She held out her hand and smiled as Adrien took it. 

   They went downstairs and enjoyed some nice pancakes, eggs, peaches, and a few slices of bacon. They both had orange juice and some coffee to drink. After breakfast, they went on a walk and talked.  

      "Adrien, what did you want to be when you grew up?" Marinette asked with her hands.

"I always wanted to be a happily married man like I am now," He signed, then winked at her.

"What about you sweetheart? What did you want to be?" Adrien signed next.

   "I just always wanted to be loved for who I am and I found that with you," She signed back.

      Five years later, the happily married couple is all settled into their apartment. They are glad the landlady let them keep the cat especially since she usually did not like animals. She did seem happy to know they intended to litter box train it so that her roses would be safe.

      "Adrien?"  Marinette signed.

    "Yes, darling?" Adrien signed.

 Alix who now lived on the top floor of the same apartment came through the door and smiled. She was glad to be so close to them.  "I have good news!" She signed to them.

   "Well, what is it?" Adrien signed.

  "The child you adopted is ready to come home today!"  Alix signed in response.

    "Wow, that is good news!" Adrien signed to Alix.

    "Come on Marinette, let's go get our child!" Adrien signed to her.

        Adrien and Marinette left to go pick up their adoptive daughter.  They were so happy to see her they could not wait to bring her home.

      "Hi, you must be my mom and dad!" Sally signed. She had a teddy bear with her.

      "I am so happy to meet you," Sally signed in excitement.

"Let's go home!" Sally signed.

  "Ok, Sally, let's go!" They signed back.  

    As Sally left the orphanage with Adrien and Marinette, the other kids waved and called out, "Bye, Sally we will miss you!"

    Sally waved back to her friends. She knew she would miss them too, but was happy to have parents.

    Adrien, Marinette, and Sally all headed home together.  Once inside Sally took a look around and signed,  "Wow, it is great!"

   "Good, because we love you and this is your new home, Sally!" Adrien signed.

   "Sally, what is your favorite food?" Marinette signed.

   "Pizza," Sally signed to her mother.

"Pizza is my favorite food too, " Adrien signed to his daughter.

"Well, then pizza is what is for supper tonight!" Marinette signed to them both.

The chapter was published on January 27, 2020, and edits were made to the chapter on May 14, 2021.