Chapter 12 The Proposal

Two months after Lily's death,  Marinette and Adrien were together in the field of flowers once more.  It seemed appropriate since this is where they met and fell in love with each other.

     "Marinette, I have loved you since the day we met," Adrien signed.

   "I love you too, Adrien!" Marinette signed.

    Adrien blushed and thought how did I get so blessed to have you as my girlfriend. He got down on one knee as he continued to blush.

    "Adrien, what are you doing?" Marinette signed.

    "Marinette, will you marry me?" Adrien signed.

        "Yes, I will!" Marinette signed her response.

   Adrien stood up, placed the engagement ring on her finger, and kissed her.

     "Adrien, how soon should we tell your mother?" Marinette asked.

     " Why wait?  Let's go tell her now!" Adrien signed. He grabbed her hand.

  Marinette and Adrien walked to the mansion, so they could share the good news with his mother.

   "Marinette and Adrien, you to seem happier than usual, is there a certain reason why?" Mrs. Agretes signed.

    "Yes, we are going to get married!" Marinette signed.

     "She is right mom, I asked her hand in marriage and she said yes!" Adrien signed.

    "Wow, I am so happy for you two!" Mrs. Agreste signed. She felt as if the good news in some small way helped take the edge off her daughter's sudden and tragic passing.  

       Mrs. Agreste then hugged Adrien and Marinette because she was overjoyed at the announcement. She thought, I get to be a mother-in-law again, and Marinette's going to be my daughter-in-law.

        To celebrate, Adrien and Marinette ate a nice meal with his mom. Then, for dessert, they went out for ice-cream!  Afterwards, the two were seen holding hands outside the courthouse where they went inside to apply for the marriage certificate. They figured they must get it soon as they were not sure how soon the wedding might take place.