Chapter 6 Marinette's Invitation to Supper

One week later, every day for a week, Adrien went to meet Marinette and she never showed up.  He was so hurt, he did not know what to do. He felt like his heart was broken all over again.

   "Mom, I  will be in my room if you need me," Adrien signed.

    "Ok, Adrien, I will be sure to let you know," Mrs. Agreste signed back.

    Adrien went to his room and shut the door. He refused to come out for supper that Saturday night.

  "Mom, why did not Adrien come eat with us?"  Lily asked.

"Lily, he is sad because Marinette has not come to the meeting spot for a week now," Mrs. Agreste explained.

"I thought she liked Adrien, " Lily said.

"I know he likes her, " Lily told her mother.

"I have no idea, maybe tomorrow she will show up again, " Mrs. Agreste said.

"I hope you are right, Mom,"  Lily said.

"Same here, Lily!" Mrs. Agreste said.

  The next day, Marinette arrived alone at the meeting spot at two in the afternoon. She waited for  Adrien. She continued to wait for him and thought he would not come.

   Adrien finally arrives there at 6 pm, out of breath because he ran there.

"Sorry, I am late," Adrien signed.

"I am the one who should be sorry when  I did not come for a whole week," Marinette signed.

"I missed you," Adrien signed.

"Adrien, I missed you too," Marinette signed.

"Marinette, do you like someone else?" Adrien signed.

"No, how could you ever think so?" She signed back.

  Adrien stepped closer to her, and signed "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Adrien, I would love too," Marinette signed to him.

"Good, because I love you!" Adrien signed.

   Adrien smiled at her and wondered what she thought about at the moment. 

"You can not be serious," Marinette signed and blushed.

     Adrien gave her a confused look. He sighed again.

"I am serious as I can be now. I have never met anyone quite like you before, Mari," Adrien sighed.

  Marinette is not sure how to respond.

 They both feel the wind blow across their faces.  Someone comes to greet them both. It is Mrs. Agreste.

   "Adrien, I wanted to remind you,  supper will be ready soon!" Mrs. Agreste signed.

"Ok, Mom!" Adrien signed back to her.

"Marinette would you like to join us for supper?" Mrs. Agreste asked.

"You must be Mrs. Agreste!  Yes, I would love to share the meal with you all, " Marinette signed to her.

"Great, I will see you both at  7:30 pm and Lily is at her friend's house again!" Mrs. Agreste signed then left.

 "Your mother is kind, Adrien," Marinette signed.

"Yes, she is, " Adrien signed. He wished Marinette loved him back.

 "I wished I had not forgotten to come here sooner," Marinette signed to him.

"Oh, and why is that anyway?" Adrien signed as he stepped closer to her.

"Ever since my parents died, I have been all alone, " Marinette signed.

"Well, now you are not alone, because now you have me,'' Adrien signed.

"You know my little sister, adores you, right?" Adrien signed to her next.

"Look, I will be your girlfriend, but I can not promise anything more," Marinette signed back.

    Adrien stepped back because he felt his heartstrings beg him not to let himself kiss her. He sighed and signed, "Come follow me!"  

Adrien and Marinette walked to his house together, and Adrien grabbed her hand.  They enter the place with Marinette's hand in Adrien's.

  Mrs. Agreste smiled when she saw them holding hands.  She signed, "Do you have anything to tell me?"

 Marinette let go of Adrien's hand and signed,  "Adrien is my boyfriend now."

"Yes, she is my girlfriend," Adrien signed to his mother and winked at Marinette.

"Good, I am happy for you both, " Mrs, Emilie Agreste signed.

 The meal is ready soon, so the three of them enjoy it together.  After the meal, Mrs. Agreste signed that she wished to speak to Marinette alone.

     Adrien went to his room and wondered what his mom wanted to talk to Marinette about anyway.

   Marinette smiled at Mrs. Agreste and she smiled back at her.