16. Partying

The party was already at full swing by the time they arrived at Cam’s house.  Clarence took the keys from the ignition and happily climbed out of his car just as James did from the passenger’s side. He opened the door and waited for Juliet and Ellie to come out.

Clarence and James were a bit frustrated when Ellie suddenly decided that they stop by her house first so that she and Juliet could change. Apparently their outfits were “no-can-do” for the party, according to her. They were lounging along the kitchen, searching for quick snacks, when Ellie texted James that they were already inside the car.

Probably run to the car when neither of us was looking, Clarence grumbled to himself.

 A pair of long fair legs coming out of the car immediately caught his attention. He traveled his eyes from the black sandals she was wearing to the red halter cocktail dress that hugged every curve of her body. Thankfully, the dress somehow managed to hide the nasty bruise that she had just above her knee.

He gulped as his eyes moved more to her long raven black hair which was still styled as it was before, to her red and tempting lips, and to her emerald eyes that was accentuated with a smoky grey eye shadow.

Juliet was every bit as beautiful as she had a while ago. But if she looked like an innocent angel before, she now looked like a temptress who had no idea what effect she has on guys like him. His eyebrows furrowed as he thought of the guys he’ll be warding off her for the rest of the night.

Clarence jumped back a little as James suddenly appeared on his side and shoved his handkerchief on his hands. “Stop drooling, man.” James teased at him, laughing.

His laughter turned to a moan, though, when Ellie also came out in a green cocktail dress that cut short on the middle of her hips, exposing her flawless legs and matching brown sandals. She had green eye shadow on her eyes, making her chocolate brown eyes look warmer and thin bronze loops on her ear.

“Right back at ya,” he teased back, bumping James on the shoulder to snatch his best friend’s attention from the face of a grinning Ellie.

“Well boys, let’s go! This party is for us,” Ellie said, giggling. She took Juliet by her arm and dragged her to the house. He could hear her say, “Ellie, are you sure I look okay in this?” as they passed by,

“You look great, sweetie, trust me.” Ellie said, slightly annoyed. “Now, will you please stop pulling my dress downward? You’re ruining the dress.”

Clarence looked back at James who was still in a trance and staring at Ellie and Juliet as they walked their way to the house. “Let’s go, bud.” He said, tapping him on the back. “Better hurry and guard those girls,” he said lightly.

James shook his head and grinned. “Hell yeah, my eyes won’t leave her too even for a minute. Who knows what will happen if we turn our backs for a while.”

At the strike of midnight, Clarence had already scared away thirteen guys from Juliet. He refused to even walk away from her apart from the bathroom breaks he took every now and then.

It clearly didn’t help when Ellie was beside Juliet all the time, having her drink alcohol without Juliet noticing it while Clarence took those bathroom breaks. Sometimes, he wanted to groan at Juliet’s naiveté, she was really too innocent for her own good.

“Hey Clarensh, why aren’t you drinkin’?” Juliet asked him happily as she stood beside him on the garden. Thankfully, they were alone now. Clarence invited her for a walk outside for fresh air and fortunately, Ellie stayed behind because James was with her,

Clarence looked back at the house, seeing a couple of his schoolmates drunkenly make out. Others were passed out on the hallway while some were slurring and singing at the top of their lungs. He could hear them whining about not being able to win the tournament, but luckily, they didn’t took it seriously, well depending on what he understood from their slurred words.