1. That destined meeting

A'N: Hey readers! Before you go reading my story, I recommend watching the trailer made by @kimbasgirl. It's really cool and awesome! And the New York there beside the title is the place where it all happened (just clarifying). Hope you'll love it as much as I did. :D

___________________________________________________________________

“Hey, what are you gonna play?”

“Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson. And you?”

“We’ll be doing Mozart’s String Quartet No.1”

“Really? No way, dude!”

The whole school was buzzing with excitement. Ballads, classics, rock and any other kinds of music can be heard everywhere. With the musical tournament drawing near, it was not uncommon to hear song verses every now and then. Everyone was trying their hardest; and who wouldn’t? This was not just any tournament. Julliard representatives would come and would offer a scholarship for the most promising musician.

Walking down the hallway, Juliet Jennings sighed. She was one of those aspiring musicians. She has a great voice and can play the piano like a pro. She even composed songs that reflect herself, her moods, and her thoughts. However, even if she is like that, no one wanted her in their band. And she definitely knew why.

It was because of her looks. Her fashion style was always the same: shirts and jeans. She wasn’t ugly; in fact, she may be the prettiest in the campus. However, after experiencing such heartbreak just because of looks, she’ll never show her real beauty to anyone.

She should have worn clothes that emphasized her “hourglass” body figure, her creamy white skin, and her unusually long legs. She has straight, long, black hair that was always tied up in a ponytail. Her face would have been plain, if not for the intelligent spark of her green eyes.

Like in her previous school, Juliet was bullied and later on, considered as a non-existing student. People seemed to stare at the wall whenever they talked to her. Juliet noticed this and, even though it saddens her to have no real friends, willed herself to endure it all until college. After all, she was a senior attending at a prestigious academy, St. Rose Academy, known for its excellent standards.

“Oh my gosh! There he is!” A girl gushed, pointing at someone. The girl next to her quickly turned and nodded enthusiastically.

Juliet didn’t have to turn her head to know who she was talking about. She was certain that they saw Clarence Jimenez, the most popular guy and a music lover too. He was first known for his great voice and his way of strumming the guitar perfectly. He was handsome and smart too, which is why he became one of the heartthrobs. But even though he was popular and all that, he was still kind and down-to-earth; which is why girls fall all the more, including Juliet.

One of the modern “Seven Mysteries of The Campus” was Clarence’s lack of love-life. He always rejects every girl confessing on him, whether they are pretty or not, smaller or taller, nor younger or older. He always tells the same thing: Music is his only love, except for his family, of course.

Juliet was just content on watching him from afar. She knew she stood no chance and doesn’t want to interfere with popular. She was afraid of the pain she might experience again after falling on such traps.