13. Scared and Scarred

A'N: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait! I know I said a dozen different dates before and I only uploaded the new chapter now. The thing is, I kept on rewriting my chapter because I honestly don't know how to write this scene. SO yeah, head's up, this one is a bit on drama side (which I don't usually like to do) but before you turn away, this is a MAJOR part of the story! You'll get to know more of Juliet's scarred past! (There I gave you a hint, can you stay and read now? *insert puppy eyes here* 

Anyways, I hope y'all would like this! Don't forget to comment guys! I love reading all your opinions! And vote only if you think my story deserves it, kay? :)

Love and Lyrics,

Lady Knight 

*****************************************************************

Clarence paced back and forth across the backstage. Juliet went missing just a few minutes before they start calling all the bands upstage.

“Bro, relax. I’m sure she just took a quick fresh breath, away from all this stuff.” Simon said to him. He was sitting on a chair and trying his best to calm Clarence.

“Did you look in the bathroom? The dressing room?” Clarence asked. There was this pit on his stomach as he mentally racked for places on which Juliet could go to.

“James and Ellie are looking for her everywhere, Clarence.” Simon replied. “Now please, would you sit down? I’m getting a headache from following you pace here.”

Clarence sighed and took the seat that Simon offered him. He wanted to join them search for Juliet, but as the band leader, he had some responsibilities. He had to represent the band as they called out their name.

A few minutes passed and Clarence felt like something heavy dropped on his stomach. He quickly stood up when he saw James and Ellie rushing towards them.

“Still not here?” James panted, his eyes filled with panic and concern. Clarence shook his head.

“I’m so sorry, Clarence—“ Ellie began, but Clarence cut her off as James reached out to hug her.

“No, Ellie. It’s not your fault.”

“But if I had stayed with Juliet as she got that phone call, then maybe she wouldn’t have disappeared! If I haven’t left to tell you guys that we’ll be right up, Juliet would be here now!”

It was that mysterious phone call that got Clarence thinking. Juliet and Ellie were on their way to the backstage when Juliet’s phone rang. If Ellie had noticed the way Juliet’s face clouded when she checked her phone’s screen, maybe she had insisted on staying with her.

“Damn,” Clarence thought. He quickly checked the other bands. Only two more bands, then they would be the next to be called. He was still debating if he should go to the PA system to publicly call Juliet when he heard the sound of stilettos behind them.

Instinctively, Clarence turned and saw the face he was desperately looking for. He saw, with relief, that she looked the same as before, beautiful and unharmed. However, his relief soon faded and was replaced with concern when he noticed her expression.

Unconsciously, he ran towards Juliet and hugged her tightly. He didn’t even think about what Juliet would think as he hugged her, nor even the other people with them on the backstage. He just wanted to check for himself if she was really there, with him.

“Juliet?” he asked softly, gently loosening his hug but not completely removing his arms around her. She was looking back at him with a blank expression, like she was not actually seeing him there.