6. Just before

Hi! It's been so long since I last updated. Sorry about that :3

Anyways, this one is a bit short because this is just like, 15 minutes, before the big event.  ^_^

I'm hoping you will like it, because I honestly had fun imagining this particular scene as I write it. Those dots you'll see means that a couple of minutes passed. LoL. Won't keep you waiting! XD

P.S. I posted a pic of what the dress looks like. :)

xoxo,

Lady Knight

__________________________________________________________________________

A knock on the door stopped James, Simon and Clarence as they were practicing. The three looked up just as the door swung open.

 Ms. Patricia Andrews, the event coordinator, entered the room with a clipboard on her hand. She wore a floral blue blouse, a navy blue A-line skirt and an ID with her name and the title EC.

“Heaven, you’ll be up soon. Please prepare and go to the backstage once you’re done,” the event coordinator said with a smile.

The three nodded and said thanks. After saying good luck, she left the room and went off to the other bands.

James cleared his throat. “Maybe I should check the girls and tell them that we’re up soon,” he said, already standing up and compiling his music sheets.

“Yeah, sure, go ahead,” Clarence said absent-mindedly as he looked at the lyrics one last time. Simon was neatly placing his headphones on his case after listening to the song’s beat.

James went to the dressing room and knocked three times.

“Ellie?” he asked tentatively, as if he was afraid of what is behind the door.

“What?”

“Uhm, Ms. Patty came a while ago and said that we should go to the backstage soon,”

“Okay.”

.....

....

....

.....

.....

.....

......

......

.....

.....

An awkward silence filled the air as the three waited for the door to open. They knew that if they opened the door without permission, then hell would break loose.

“And, uhm...” Clarence said, unable to wait any longer. “Are you going to come out of there soon? Because, you know –“

“I know, I know. Just wait a sec, and we’ll be done.” Ellie said irritably.

....

....

...

...

...

...

The three shrugged and sat on the chairs again. They waited in silence when Ms. Patty knocked again and peeked inside.

“Boys, double time!” She said and left the room hurriedly.

Clarence sighed and went to knock at the dressing room again, with James and Simon behind him.

“Ellie,” Clarence said with a frown on his face. “If you won’t open the door within the next 30 seconds, then I’m going to open it.” He warned.

“Ugh,” Ellie replied. “Alright alright. We’re coming!”

They waited as she fumbled with the door. She opened it with a deep frown on her face.

“I wish I could do more, but with this time pressure...” She trailed off and looked behind her. “Hey, Julie, come on!” She said to her friend who was still seated with her back at them.

Thump. Thump.

Thump. Thump.

thump. thump.

Her hair was the first thing that Clarence noticed. Her long raven black hair, which is now curled into soft waves on her back. He thought of how soft and silky it looked like.

Julie stood up and slowly turned towards them.  What Clarence saw next made him feel speechless and so much inspired.

She wore a royal blue chiffon dress that clung on her body, making it look demure yet alluring. The color enriched her porcelain skin, so that it looked creams and roses. The glittery silver stiletto heels and a silver necklace with a music note pendant completed her outfit.

Her green eyes only had the slightest hint of eye shadow, her lips had that natural pink color, and her cheeks looked rosy.

All in all, she looked ethereal and very much angelic in his eyes.

“So, what do you guys think?” A smug voice asked, disturbing his thoughts.

“uhm, uh..” Clarence stuttered, unable to form coherent thoughts yet.

“Well, I think you look amazing, Juliet,” James happily said. He faced his girlfriend and kissed her on the forehead. “Great job, sweetie.”

“Thank you,” Ellie happily hugged him.

“Uhm, do I really look okay?” Julie asked at last.

“Haven’t you seen yourself?” Simon asked.

“No, I didn’t let her.” Ellie butted in. “I’m sure she’ll just worry herself more if she sees how pretty she is right now.”  She faced her friend. “I know you, you’ll surely say something negative again. Ugh. That personality of yours....”

Meanwhile, Clarence had just started gathering his thoughts again.

“You don’t like it?” Juliet whispered, clearly misinterpreting his silence as an expression of disapproval.

“What? How dare you –“ Ellie hadn’t finished her sentence when they heard Ms. Patty’s voice across the hall.

“Final call, everyone!”

Startled, all of them went hurriedly outside. And yet, as they were running across the hall, Clarence saw Juliet’s face marred with worry. Could it be...?