17. Waking up

Oh my goodness, I feel so bad that I haven't written anything for so long. I'm sorry! I've been busy with y studies, and I think it's good that I focused on them for a while because my grades this semester were far better than last sem's. Anyways, here's a new chappie! Hope you all like it!

Please vote, comment and add this to your RL :D

****

Sunlight was streaming through the window as Juliet slowly opened her eyes. Head pounding, she slowly sat up and turned her gaze from the white curtains to the room before her. The walls were the color of the blue sky, and a large mahogany closet stood just by the door. Between the closet and the window was a fairly large study desk, filled with random papers, opened books and an idle laptop with earphones still attached.

However, what took her attention the most were the stuff lying on the floor beside the desk. Pens and music sheets were scattered across the floor, a few discs located just beside a portable player.

A medium-sized amplifier was placed just by the wall with a wire connecting it to a wooden guitar that was leaning at the desk. The guitar looked a bit old but it was decorated with scribbles and messages. Unconsciously, she smiled as she took in the warmth and peace that the room seemed to offer her.

It was then that Juliet realized that she was that comfortable even when she didn’t even know of this room. Her room was definitely not like this, full of serenity, nor was her bed this fluffy. With a frown, she noticed that the bed sheets were also a shade of blue. Panicking, she turned her head to the side and her eyes fell upon a picture frame on the side table.

It was a picture of Clarence, James and Simon. They were all smiling and laughing at that picture, arms on each other’s shoulders and eyes twinkling with mischief. Juliet found herself smiling too as she stared at the picture. They looked so handsome, so carefree, that she found herself wishing that someday she’ll feel exactly as that.

The sound of children laughing reached her ears. Curious, she pushed her blanket and started to walk to the door. Looking down, Juliet realized that she was wearing a loose white summer dress with floral prints. She also noticed that her accessories and make-up were removed.

Suddenly, the door opened and Juliet turned her head to see two children came in with big smiles on their faces. They looked the spitting image of the other, except that one was a girl with long bronze hair that reached past her shoulders while the other was a boy with unruly bronze hair. They were both looking at her with mischievous eyes and teasing grins.

They seemed to be at a young age, maybe only seven or eight, as they stood in front of her still wearing their matching pajamas.

“Are you going to the same school with my brother?” the girl asked suddenly. She was looking at her with a curious expression. Before Juliet could respond, the boy spoke up as he crossed his arms across his chest.

“Are you my brother’s girlfriend?”

Suddenly speechless, Juliet felt her cheeks grow hot and knew that she was blushing like a ripe tomato at the unexpected questions. It didn’t help that the pounding on her head seemed to increase again.

“I.. ah.. I’m not—uhm, we’re not..” she stammered, looking at anything but the curious faces of the twins. She tried to think of an answer while her head was driving her crazy. What the heck did I drink last night? She thought.

“What’s going on here?” a familiar voice asked. Surprised, she looked back at the door and saw Clarence leaning by the doorframe. He was wearing an amused expression on his face. Juliet can’t help but smile as she took in his casual t-shirt and pants. His hair was wet from a shower and framed his face loosely.