4. Countdown

I got inspired this night, so I decided to use the opportunity to write some stuff. I hope this one is good for all of you!

Oh, and I posted a pic here on what I think Ellie looks like on her everyday life. LoL. Sorry, I have no proper name for her because this is just researched XD -------------------------->

Please keep reading and commenting on my story. And as I promised, I'll start to dedicate my chaps to awesome people :D

xoxo,

Lady Knight 

_______________________________________________________________________________

“You brought me closer to who I really am

So come take my hand

I want the world to see

What you mean to me...

What you mean to me...”

”All right! Give it up for Charms!” The crowd cheered.

“Yeah! Go Alice!”

“Way to go!”

“That would be the last piece performed by Charms this night, the song “What you mean to me” by Sterling Knight. Seems like the judges are having a hard time deciding who will win this tournament! Well then, we will give a  few minutes break for everybody to settle down.”

The emcee stepped down from the stage along with the grinning members of the all-girl band, Charms.

Juliet was at the backstage dressing rooms. She barely heard the emcee’s amplified voice over the loud thumping of her heart.

“Julie? Are you okay? You look pale,”

Juliet looked up and saw Ellie standing beside her, her face marred with worry.

She smiled weakly. “Nah, I’m fine.”

Ellie sighed. “No, you’re not. It must be the nerves.” She sat down beside her and covered Juliet’s shivering hands with hers.

“You’re gonna be fine. We are all in this together.”

Juliet’s heart filled with hope. She looked at their linked hands and smiled.

“Yeah, you’re right. I’m just not that used to this,”

“Yes, I know.” Ellie smiled warmly. “Don’t worry, I completely understand.”

The amplified voice of the emcee filled the air again as they smiled at each other.

“Settle down, people! Break time is over! Let’s start the final batch with a bang! Here is The Scorpion to rock the house!”

They heard the first lines of “Super Bass” together with the applauses and cheers from the crowd.

“Well, you’re going to perform soon. Let’s get you dressed and all,” Ellie said enthusiastically. She stood up and reached out her hand.

Juliet hesitated. “Uhm, you know... I think my clothes are okay, though.”

She was wearing a white button-down shirt and a pair of black slacks. Her hair was brushed down, and her pretty face was only adorned with baby powder.

Ellie’s eyes grew wide. “What?! Nuh-uh. You,” she said, pointing her finger at Juliet’s surprised face, “are going to get dressed. Your outfit is a no-can-do. Let’s go.”

Of course, Juliet thought. Compared to Ellie, she always looked simple and plain. Tonight, Elie was wearing a floral blue dress and matching wedgies. Her hair was curled and her pretty face was accentuated with make-up.

Ellie yanked Juliet’s hand and headed to the backstage. She continued on ranting and telling Juliet the importance of fashionable clothes and decent make-up.

Juliet didn’t mind. She knew that Ellie just cared for her. She smiled, and hoped that someday, she could tell Ellie how thankful she was.

They stopped at the door which had a sign “Heaven” on it. Ellie opened it and they saw James and Simon practicing with their instruments. Upon seeing them, James stood up with a grin on his face and hugged Ellie.

“Hey, girl. How do I look?” He asked mischievously.

“You look like a dork, “ Ellie said with a straight face.

Juliet laughed along with Simon as James scratched his head. She knew better and had seen the twinkle in Ellie’s eyes as her friend gazed lovingly at her boyfriend.

She knew that James and Simon would probably get the audience sighing dreamily. They looked so handsome tonight. They were both wearing white from head to toe, appearing to be “angels” that flew down to Earth just to serenade the crowd.

“Well, as much as I’d want to chat with the two of you, I have an urgent thing to do. Ciao.” Ellie waved and pulled Juliet with her on the dressing room inside.

Juliet shyly looked at Ellie as her friend went straight to the closet on the right corner of the room. “Uhm, so what exactly am I going to wear? I didn’t bring extra clothes with me, you know.”

“Yeah, I kind of guessed that you won’t dress up properly.” Ellie said absent-mindedly as she searched through the clothes that were hung on the closet. “It’s a good thing that I’ve brought my dresses with me.”

She chose five different dresses and hung them on a separate rack.

“Well, it’s also great that we have the same body size, so I won’t adjust the dress.” She looked at the dresses and thoughtfully said, “I’m pretty sure that all of this would look good on you, but I can’t decide which one would be best.”

Juliet stood at her side and glanced at the clothes in front of her. “Definitely NOT that,” she said, pointing at the red halter dress. “I’d rather die than wear that,” she added, pouting.

“Well, the color is perfect for your skin.” Ellie said defensively. “But yeah, I agree. It won’t look good on you, since it’s so contradicting with the “heaven” theme.” She took the dress and placed it back to the closet.

“Hmm..” Juliet pointed the simple white dress on the side. “I guess this is already fine. It’s white and it’s cute.”

Ellie grinned mischievously. “No. This one is perfect for you.” She took another dress and dragged Juliet to the comfort room.

“Go in there and change,” Ellie ordered, slightly pushing Juliet to enter. “I’ll just wait for you, okay?” She turned around and walked to the left corner of the room.

Juliet shrugged and went inside to change, thinking that this one was just the same as the white one she chose, but only in a different color.

She heard a knock. Ellie’s head poked out of the open door.

“Oh, by the way, I don’t want you to see what you look.” Ellie walked right in and inspected the room. “Good thing the mirrors were removed here,” she said, satisfied.

“But why?” Juliet asked, unable to understand.

“Oh, nothing.” Ellie replied off-handedly. “Don’t look at the mirrors or any shiny surfaces, you understand?” she warned. "Or else..."

“Okay, okay.” Juliet agreed, though still puzzled. “Could you go out now? I need to change.”