14. Right here

A'N: You didn't expect to read a new chapter this soon, huh? LoL me too. But I got inspired once again as I read the support you have given me guys, You all are so sweet! Won't be boring you now, here's the next chap! 

P.S. I've provided the youtube link once again for the song that I've used here. You can listen to it as you read that part! Lol. Another note, here's to bookey, for being such a loyal reader! Your comment on the previous chapter made me laugh. Thanks for that! I hope you all would like it! :)

************************

“What?”

Juliet heard Clarence say in a quiet voice. She saw his palms clenched into fists and his eyebrows were furrowed that they almost met and formed a straight line.

“Did he hurt you?” he asked.

She quickly shook her head. “No, just that bruise,” she said quietly. As she stared at the mark her father had imprinted on her leg, she remembered the nights where she would lock herself in her room, shaking as she tried to reason with her father to stop drinking.

“Dad, please stop drinking! Don’t do this to us. Don’t do this to mom,” she pleaded to her father, as tears blurred her vision

“Don’t you drag Janice into this! You’re the reason she’s dead, wh*re!” her father shouted back at her.

Scared, she ran up the stairs to her room and was on the second flight of stairs when she felt his hands grabbed her just a few inches above the knees. The sudden pain made her scream...

“Are you sure you’re okay, Juliet?” Clarence asked. She quickly dismissed those painful memories as she looked back at Clarence.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. My bruises fade away quickly.” She said with a fake smile.

“Your bruises? You mean he has been hurting you before this? Did he do something worse than this before?” Juliet could see him trying to control his anger. “Why won’t you report him to the authorities, Juliet?”

She winced as she remembered the things her father did. The slaps, shouts, torments, and all the painful memories were still outweighed by the immense love she had for her parents.

“I still see him as my dad, Clarence. I still see him as the guy who sang me lullabies when I had nightmares, the guy who let me sit on his shoulders so I can see the world, the guy who made me laugh when I cried because I tripped.” she whispered.

It was then that she realized how much her father has changed, and how desperate she was in holding those happy memories of her dad. Juliet didn’t notice the tears starting to slide down her cheeks until she heard Clarence sigh and cupped her face with his hands.

“Okay, I won’t say anything about this for now.” he said, staring right into her eyes. “But promise me, you’ll call me when something like that happens again. I don’t care what time it is. Just call me and I’ll be there.” His hazel eyes were burning with concern and something else for her, but Juliet was afraid to recognize it yet.

She felt herself relax. It was indeed the right decision to tell Clarence what has been bothering her for the last few days. She thought she could hide it for a while, but that phone call rattled her inside.

As she looked at him, she can’t help but feel happy, knowing how lucky she was to have a guy like him by her side. Before her shyness takes over, Juliet stood up and went to sit beside him on his chair. Just as his eyes grew wide, she hugged him again tightly, wishing that she could tell him how grateful she was.

Clarence instantly hugged her back. She could feel his arms tighten around her for a bit before his hands traveled to her hair, absent-mindedly sliding his fingers on her hair.

They were silent for a while. Juliet was content as she leaned on his chest and counting his heartbeats. Her count was on 86 when she heard him take a deep breath.

Can you imagine?

What would happen?

If we could have any dream

Juliet giggled as she listened to him singing. It wasn’t that his voice was bad, in fact, she loved his voice. It was just that he did it unexpectedly that she found it really sweet for him to sing to her just to cheer her up.

She looked up at him, smiling. He was gazing at her with tender eyes that made butterflies fly around her stomach. Now she could tell exactly what Gabriella felt that time when Troy was singing to her on his tree house on the movie High School Musical 3.

I’d wish this moment

Was ours to own it

And that it would never leave”

“Then I would thank that star

That made our wish come true”

“Cause he knows that

Where you are is where

I should be too

He was smiling at her, and Juliet can’t help but join him. She could feel her heart bursting with happiness, and she knew was very close in falling in love with him. Heck, maybe she loved him already.

Right here, Right now

Im looking at you and

My heart loves the view

Cause you mean everything

Right Here, I'll promise you

Somehow that tomorrow

Can wait for some other

Day to be”

They were staring at each other now, her emerald eyes meeting his hazel ones. Juliet felt herself being pulled with some unexplainable magic, like something in the wind was whispering to her ear to kiss Clarence. He seemed to feel it too. Juliet could see that her feelings were mirrored in his eyes, like he was thinking of kissing her too.

But right now there’s you and me,” they both whispered. Everything seemed to fade away, and to Juliet, she knew nothing mattered now but this moment with him.

She closed her eyes, waiting as she felt his face growing closer and closer.......

....but opened them again in shock when something pierced the silence, completely breaking the magical moment.

*************

A'N: Told ya I'll make up for the drama of the previous chap! Did you guys like this chap? LoL I love the ending here. Sort of a cliffhanger huh? >:) Please do vote, comment and share this story if you happen to like it! It means alot to me. :)