Ch. 13: Just Dance!

(A/N) Happy New Year, everyone!!! I wish you all the best throughout 2020. I also hope you enjoy this goofy story as long as I keep writing it.
~Brickhammer
———————————————————————————————————————

(In Beacon's Ballroom)

It was the last day before the Vytal Festival Ball, and team RWBY was assigned the task of decorating Beacon's Ballroom for the occasion. Somewhere along the way, the four girls had roped the boys of team HAVC into helping them. Yang was carrying heavy sound equipment over to the Slater twins. Anthony was in charge of making sure everything was properly hooked up and programmed. Meanwhile, Chris was moving the equipment around to his twin's direction. Victor and Heath were busy putting up decorations around the room while Weiss directed them. Ruby, however, was currently resting her head on her hand and staring into the distance. She couldn't help but worry about the strange behavior of her teammate, Blake.

The Faunus girl had been acting even more antisocial and moody than normal, if that was even possible. Weiss had confronted Blake about her behavior the day prior, but the Cat Faunus had shrugged off the concern of her friends, and even her boyfriend, Victor. It was all very worrisome to the young leader.

Before Ruby could continue her train thought, she was startled by someone slamming their palms on the table she is at. Looking up quickly, she sawthat it is Weiss.

Weiss: (smiling) I need you to pick a tablecloth.

The heiress slid two squares of cloth over to Ruby, both seeming to be similar shades of white.

Ruby: (confused) Aren't they both the same, color?

Weiss: (sighs in frustration) I don't even know why I asked!

Anthony suddenly appeared behind Weiss. He had a hand on his chin as he stared intently at the two cloths from over Weiss' shoulder.

Anthony: (deep in thought) Hmmm...? (Glancing at the other decorations) Mmmmm... (nodding his head affirmatively) Mhmm... You should go with the one on the right. The other one clashes with the other decorations.

Weiss was speechless. She wasn't expecting anyone to put as much thought into the choice as she would.

Weiss: (smiling) Thank you for your help, Anthony!

Anthony: (smiling) Happy to be of assistance, Weiss.

Weiss walked off to set up the table cloths. Yang then came in carrying a massive sound speaker on her shoulder, which bounced her sister and the table she's moping on again to jump in the air when she dropped it on the ground.

Yang: Where do you want this one, Anthony?

Anthony: (checking the speaker to make sure it still worked) Don't worry about it, Yang. (Picking up the speaker) I'll take it from here. Thanks for bringing it here.

Yang: (flexing her arm) No problem. But what do you need all this other stuff for? I mean, we have more than enough to DJ music.

Anthony: (smiling cheekily) Sorry Yang, but I cannnot disclose that information to you. You'll just have to wait till tomorrow night, like everyone else.

He then walked away with the sound speaker in his arms, leaving Yang and Ruby alone.

Yang: (brushing her hands as she approaches Ruby) So, have you picked out a dress yet?

Ruby: What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?

Yang: Oh, don't worry; she's going. (In a hushed voiced) And besides, don't you want to look nice for Heath?