Ch. 2: This is Where the Fun Begins

It is now morning on the day of the Beacon Academy initiation.

The birds are chirping. The sun is shining in the sky. The atmosphere around Beacon is calm and peaceful.

???: Wake up, Lazy butt! (Singing) It's morning! It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!

The peaceful slumber that many of the students were still enjoying was suddenly shattered by the yelling of one extremely hyperactive ginger-haired girl.

With all the students now wide awake, everyone began preparing themselves for the initiation that would soon take place.

(In the co-ed locker room)

Ruby and Yang had just finished getting dressed and were now retrieving their weapons from their lockers.

Yang: So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking. (strokes Crescent Rose as she sighs happily)

Yang: Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby: (sighs in frustration) You sound like Dad! (shoves her weapon into the locker) Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

Yang: But what about when we form teams?

Ruby: (suddenly nervous) Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or something...or maybe Heath's team.

Yang: (Bringing her hair around her shoulder and stroking it) Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?

Ruby: My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?

Yang: What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!

Ruby: What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-

Jaune: Ridiculous! (suddenly walking in between the sisters, holding a map and looking lost) There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?

After Jaune walked by, the brothers Slater appeared behind Ruby and Yang—seemingly out of thin air. Without the sisters noticing, the brothers began to stealthily sneak up behind Ruby and Yang until they were only a few inches away.

Heath: (putting his hand on Ruby's shoulder) Boo!

Ruby: GAAAAH!!!

The surprise appearance of the brother, caused Ruby to let out a shriek as she jumped into the air before landing in Heath's arms.

Heath: (with a wide, toothy grin) Good morning, Ruby!

Heath then helped Ruby get back to a standing position.

Ruby: (playfully punching Heath's arm) You big meanie. What did you do that for?

Heath: (rubbing the back of his neck) If I'm being honest, I thought it might be funny to mess with you—just a little bit. Sorry.

Ruby: (smiling) Apology accepted.

Yang: So, are boys ready for initiation?

Heath: (looking excited) Hell Yeah!

Anthony: (smirking confidently) I was born ready.

Chris: Honestly, I'llbe happy if this initiation turns out to be even remotely challenging.