Ch. 10: A Night on the Town

(A/N) Hello everybody! I'm back again with another chapter for your reading pleasure. Before we get into the chapter, I would first like to thank my friend cowboykid110 for his help in coming up with ideas for this chapter. I would also like to let all of you know that this chapter will showcase what our beloved Team HAVC does during their free time. Now let's get this party started!!!

———————————————————————

After the events of the epic food fight, RWBY and JNPR took some time to clean themselves up before meeting back up with HAVC.

Soon enough, all three teams were gathered in the Beacon Academy library, each one doing something different.

Team JNPR was sitting at their own table, presumably reading. Well, Pyrrha and Ren were studying while Nora snored, sleeping face-down on the table. Jaune was also reading, he just wasn't studying. He had found a comic book and had placed the cover of a different book over it, attempting to hide the comic from view. Jaune's plan worked until Pyrrha walked up behind him and playfully took the comic from him, replacing it with a textbook.

As for Team RWBY, they were sitting around a table playing "Remnant: The Game" while Team HAVC sat beside them and watched. Anthony was sitting beside Weiss. Chris day next to Yang. Victor day next to Blake, who wasn't even paying attention to the game. And finally, Heath was sitting next to Ruby, watching her plan her next move.

Ruby: Hmmmmm.... All right... All right! (points at Yang) Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!

Yang: (thrusting her elbow down as she balls her fist) Bring it on!

Ruby: I deploy the Atlesian Air Fleet!

She slapped her card down on the table as Yang feigned a look of shock.

Ruby: (smugly) Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!

To exaggerate her point, Ruby Made noises like airplanes flying and bombing as she made a bird with her hands.

Yang: (Feigning indignance) You fiend!

Ruby: And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn.

Heath: Oh yeah, Ruby! Let's show 'em how it's done!

Ruby: Yeah!

Chris: (smirking) This isn't over yet. Remember what I always tell you, Heath. "Overconfidence is a flimsy shield."

Ruby's confidence immediately dissolved as she heard her sister break into a maniacal laugh.

Yang: (raises a card) Pretty sneaky, sis, but you just activated my trap card! (showing the card off) Giant Nevermore! (slams the card on the table) If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!

Ruby: (points at Yang) But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces!

Yang: (with a cocky smirk) That's just a chance I'm willing to take.

The two sisters glared at each other so intensely that it electricity seemed to spark between them.

Yang proceeded to roll the dice that would decide whether or not she'd win the battle. The small plastic object bounced and rolled along the table for a moment. Just as it was about to land on a 6, the dice tilted at the last second and landed on a 7. With this turn of events, Yang cheered triumphantly.

Ruby: (distraught) Nooooo!!! My fearless soldiers!

Heath: (dramatically) Stay strong, Ruby! We will not their noble sacrifice be in vain!