Chapter 34 : Fallout

Chapter theme : Waves - Fragile - gnash ft wrenn

happy new year!

Reika:

If u can read this, I guess this means I didn't smash your phone that well. Sayang

Don't feel bad if the screen cracked though, be thankful that isn't your face

If u want a replacement phone, ask my dad for a new one tutal close kayo

you twins better not talk to me again

btw, please go to hell :)

My tears kept falling while reading Reika's message to Slade. My hands kept trembling, unable to hold Slade's phone tighter. It breaks my heart knowing my worst fears have come true. Reika hates me. I lost her.

"Silver, stop crying. Everything will be okay. Reika will come through." Slade knelt right in front of me, wiping my tears and taking his phone from my trembling hand. "Kakausapin ko siya. For now she's not answering my calls but I will find a way to get to her."

"Sh-she hates..." The words won't even come out of my mouth.

"No, she doesn't. She loves you. She only hates me. See, she even sent the message to me. Hindi sa'yo," he assured me with a small smile on his face.

All of a sudden, all of my sorrows turned into anger. 

"You are my brother. Family protects each other, but why do you always end up becoming the reason for all my pain? Why do you always have to ruin my life?" My voice came out low and trembling. I couldn't look at Slade anymore so I stood up and walked idly for the stairs. 

"Silver..." I heard Slade call out my name but I just kept on walking. 

I can't look at him anymore. I hate him.

I locked myself inside my bedroom but ended up crying even more at the sight of Reika's bed.

My knees lost strength and I sat down the floor, bawling. Moments like this, when things take a turn for the worst, I cling to Reika for support and cry on her shoulder. But now, I have no one else anymore. I'm alone again.

"Silver. Silver come on, you have to eat. Just open the door." All-day I kept hearing Slade's pleas from outside the door but I remained in bed, immobile. I don't have the strength to move or get up. Eating is the last thing on my mind.

Next thing I know I could see the light of day passing through my window. I closed my eyes, trying to sleep once again when I heard my phone ring. I tried to ignore it but the possibility for it to be Reika crossed my mind - I guess it was also my wishful thinking.