Chapter 41

***Scorp's POV***

I was so damn happy.

Everything was falling into place. It had only been a few days since I'd been back and I've gone from completely devasted to over the moon. Al may not have his memories back but last night had been very promising. He'll remember soon and in the meantime, we can still be together. That's all that mattered to me.

I had slept for a few hours but now I was lying on my bed, too wired to go back to sleep. It was nearly eight in the morning. I might as well stay up the rest of the day. I went down to the kitchen to grab something to eat and saw my family having breakfast together. My parents looked at me with concern but when they saw the smile on my face, their concern turned to confusion.

"Is everything all right?" Mum asked as I took a seat next to Lucy.

"Everything is great," I said as I filled my plate with eggs and bacon.

"And Al?" Dad asked.

I smiled. "He remembered something last night."

"That's great, honey," Mum said.

I nodded. "Yeah. Things are finally starting to feel a little normal."

I turned when a heard the sound of someone landing in our floo fireplace to see Al walk out. He saw us all at the table and a blush spread over his cheeks.

"Uh, hi," he said, awkwardly. "I can see this is a bad time. I'll come back later."

He turned around but I rushed over to him. "Nonsense!" I said, grabbing his hand. "Come have breakfast with us."

I pulled him toward the table. "I don't want to impose," Al mumbled.

Lucy jumped from the table and ran over to hug Al's legs. "Please stay!"

Al put his free arm around her shoulders. "Okay but only because my favorite Malfoy asked," he said and winked at Lucy.

Lucy squealed in delight before dragging Al over to sit in between her and me. Al looked extremely uncomfortable and I didn't understand why. He's eaten dinner with my family before, loads of times. Maybe he's nervous because this is the first meal (that he remembers) as my boyfriend and not just my mate.

I put my hand on his knee. "Are you okay?" I asked, softly.

He stiffened slightly but nodded.

The rest of breakfast passed in mostly silence with only my siblings breaking the silence every once in a while. After we were all finished, my mum waved her wand and the dishes made their way to the kitchen sink. Mum and Dad went toward the kitchen while my siblings went off to their rooms. Al stayed at the table, fiddling with his hands on his lap.