Chapter 35

***Scorp's POV***

I didn't see how this plan was possibly going to work. Not that it mattered. If it didn't work then I would be home free. I couldn't expose myself though since Cath was going to come with me, posing as my mum. I walked out of the bathroom to find Cath and her mum arguing. There was a body with a bag over his head, lying in a heap between us.

"I couldn't just leave him. He—" Cath stopped talking as she heard me enter.

"Who the hell is that?" I asked, taking a step forward. "Is he all right?"

Cath stepped in between me and the guy. "None of your damn business. He's going to be disguised as Harry Potter."

I looked down at him. There was something familiar about him. Almost like—

Cath's mum pushed a pile of clothes and a Polyjuice potion into my hands. "Go, get ready. We're leaving in twenty minutes."

Before I could get a closer look, she shoved me back into the bathroom. I looked down at the pile of familiar clothes and sighed. I really missed my family. I shook the thought out of my head and changed into my father's clothes. Holding the loose fabric in place, I chugged the Polyjuice potion. I doubled over as the feeling of live snaking coursing through me caught me by surprise. I felt my skin begin to bubble like hot wax and felt my body expand. I grew taller and my arms and legs thickened with muscle. I looked into the mirror as the sensation began to recede.

My father was staring back at me.

****

Harry Potter and my mother were standing in the living room when I got back. She looked so real that I thought for a second that by some miracle she had found me but then she smiled in a sadistic way that made ice water fill my veins.

"Are you ready, sweetie," Mum—Cath said.

"Let's just get this over with," I said, startled at the sound of my father's voice.

Cath came up to me and looped her arm through mine. "Now is that any way to treat your wife?"

I rolled my eyes and looked over at Harry. I tried to see anything that would give away his real identity but his eyes were glazed over. They had used the Imperius curse on him.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"Harry Potter," Cath smirked.

"He's of no concern of yours. His only purpose is to take my husband's place. By the time they figure out it's not him, it'll be too late." Mrs. Whetherton said.

Before I could say anything, she grabbed onto Harry's and Cath's hands and apparated away. I nearly fell to my knees when we landed, not prepared for the feeling of apparating. Cath held me upright and turned to Harry.