Chapter 27

The weekend came and I was meeting up with Cath for our date. I was nervous about it and it didn't help that Albus was watching me get ready.

"Is this really necessary?" He asked again.

I sighed. "We've gone over this multiple times. I've got to make it convincing which means I've got to go out with someone else."

"Shouldn't we tell her, though? So, you can play the part as a couple more convincing and she won't make a move on you?"

I shook my head. "No. The fewer people that know the better. We can't even tell Anna and Rose."

"This sucks," he grumbled.

I smiled and gave him a quick kiss. "It's going to be fine. We'll figure out who is doing this and we'll stop them. We're the dynamic duo, remember?"

That made him smile. "Causing trouble since 2006."

"Some longer than others," I grinned.

"Definitely." He said and straightened my tie. "I love you."

"I love you too."

****

I took Cath out to get Butterbeer. She was dressed in a beautiful green dress and her hair was curled. We'd been friends for a while now, but sitting down with her one-on-one with the looming expectations of a date over us, I found conversation difficult. I kept raking my brain about things to say but the conversation wasn't coming organically and I was running out of things to ask.

"Is that Albus sitting over there?" She asked, gesturing off to the right with her head.

I turned and sure enough, Albus was sitting at a table by himself trying to hide behind a copy of the Daily Prophet. He was obviously spying on us and it wasn't going to look good to those threatening us if Al was caught.

"Yeah, guess it is." I stood up. "Give me a second and I'll get rid of him."

I walked over to him but he still pretended that he was reading the paper.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" I hissed.

Al peeked out from behind the paper. "Reading. What does it look like?"

I rolled my eyes. "It looks like your spying. I told you if anyone finds out that we're done for. You look like a jealous boyfriend so please leave."

Albus sighed. "Fine. Meet up later?"

I nodded before he stood up and left. I walked back over to Cath.

"Sorry about that," I said as I sat down.