Chapter 22

I woke up in the Hospital Wing. I sat up to see Albus was lying on the bed next to mine. I couldn't see the Time-Turner anywhere and I feared that we would be stuck in the past. Before I could start panicking, Madam Pomfrey came into the room.

"You're finally awake. How do you feel?" She asked.

"Fine. My head hurts a little but what happened?" I asked.

"Filch found you and Albus lying by the castle doors after curfew and you were both unconscious. When he couldn't wake you up, he grabbed another professor and took you to me."

"And it's January, right?" I asked.

She gave me a look. "Yes, you haven't been asleep for that long. It looks like someone hit you with Stupify and you've only been out for a few hours."

I nodded relief flooding through me.

"What happened? Did someone attack you?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. All I remember is walking with Albus back to the castle after practice and then nothing." It was a complete lie but I hoped she would believe it.

"Well, maybe more rest will jog your memory. I don't see any reason why you can't go to classes later today. It's about one in the morning now so you should go back to bed."

I nodded and laid back down on the bed. Once Madam Pomfrey had left I got up and walked over to Al's bed.

"Al? Please wake up," I shook his shoulders slightly and he stirred.

"Scorp?" He rasped, pulling himself up into a sitting position. "What happened?"

"I don't know. Someone found out that we used a Time-Turner and followed us back in time to stop us. Whoever did this has to be someone that goes to school with us and doesn't want us to find out who attacked me."

"But who? The only three I told that I have the Time-Turner is you, Rose and Anna. They wouldn't tell anyone. Also, our plan was so spontaneous that it had to have been someone who overheard us after practice."

"Whatever the case, we've got to be careful about what we say around other people. Anything that we have to talk about regarding the werewolf who Turned me or anything related to them, we'll talk about through our notebooks."

Albus nodded. "Agreed. But the Time-Turner?"

I shook my head. "Whoever did this wants to make sure that we don't go back in time again."

****

With nothing else to go on, Al and I were forced to go about our lives as normal. We were more aware of those around us but there didn't seem to be anyone suspicious around us. Without the Time-Turner, we weren't much of a threat when it came to finding out who Turned me.