Chapter 11

The next few days were some of the happiest of my life as well as awkward. No one had made any trouble about the fact that Al and I were dating but they didn't stop talking about it either. It seemed that every time Al and I were walking together (holding hands or otherwise) someone was whispering about us. I could tell it bothered Albus but I didn't know how to comfort him. It didn't bother me that other people were talking about us, all that I cared about was that we could be us in public now. Everything else paled in comparison.

Al and I were sitting in the common room one night, cuddling next to the fire long after everyone else had gone to bed. He was curled into my side, his head resting on my chest while I had an arm around his shoulders. One of the things that had made our roommates uncomfortable was whenever Al and I were in our room alone as if they'd one day walk in on us shagging. We hadn't done that or even talked about that yet. I mean, I understand why our roommates would be a little uncomfortable sharing a room with a couple which is why Al and I saved our 'couple stuff' for when we weren't in our shared room.

"Hey, Scorp?"

"Hmm?" I murmured, rubbing soothing circles into his arm.

"Do you think we should tell our siblings that we're dating?"

"I'm guessing they already know. We didn't exactly come out privately."

"Yeah, but I feel as though we should tell them in person so they don't have to rely on rumors to know what's going on with us."

I nodded. "Makes sense. But are you ready for that?"

"I'm not as worried to tell my siblings as I am telling my dad."

"Why? Do you think he won't accept you?"

Albus sighed and tightened his hold around my waist. "No. I don't think he'll have a problem with it and I know how much he loves you. It's just...you know what? It's stupid, never mind."

"It's not stupid." I pulled back slightly so I could look into his eyes. "Your feelings aren't stupid, Al."

"Well, it's stupid that I still feel this way."

"What way?"

"I look up to my dad and the fact that I'm already so much different than he was at my age, drives me mad. I know deep down that my dad is proud of me and would love me no matter what but there's always a voice inside of me that tells me that I'll always be the black sheep in the family. I hate being so different but I hate not being myself. If anyone taught me to be true to myself it's you. I just haven't got to the part where I stop trying to prove myself."

"You don't have to prove yourself," I said softly, running a thumb across his cheek.

"I know that. That's why it's stupid that I still feel this way."

"I know it sounds cheesy, but it'll get easier. Once you're out of school, no one will care that you're Harry Potter's son."