Never make a choice uninformed

Author's note:
Thank you guys so much for 1k reads!!! I never thought I would get so far... so, as a celebration of sorts, I made a very long chapter. I hope reading it will amuse you as much as it amused me to write it. Also, thank you all so much for all the love my story is receiving. All the votes and everything really motivate me to write more and to improve my writing.

Disclaimer: I still don't own Harry Potter. I do own my OC's though as well as my plot line. Please don't steal them.

Enjoy!

It was Thursday today. Harry was going out as himself for a bit. As in, he was going out as Harry, not as Elias. The reason being that he really needed some money, and he had no access to his vaults. He figured he technically could have done a quick day job as Elias, but what he knew from his previous childhood was that you'd get crazy amounts of money by simply pickpocketing.

He had had good practice actually- it was something he had done quite often as a child and had perfected in his training. As a child, he had often not been fed by his... relatives, and if had been a necessary thing to keep him going during a tough week. In training, he had been taught to use it during spying. But he had never pickpocketed just for the kick of it. Now, he needed the money for some actual wizarding robes and maybe some knives he could enchant. He could only get so far with his transfigured school uniform and half-compatible wand.

That was how he found himself, early in the morning, on Oxford Street, London. As he had normal, casual clothing on thanks to his transfigurations skills, he did not stand out at all- he could easily pass as a school boy with a day off. He had, out of paranoia, his his lightning scar though.

His first target was a fast walking man in a grey suit. He had big pockets without zippers, and was talking on his phone. Therefore, he was unaware of his surroundings to a certain extent, which was great for Harry. With only a small misdirection charm surrounding him -detorquerentur- he was on his way.

Harry made sure he was about twenty meters ahead of the suit-clad man. From there, he suddenly started running through the shopping crowd, laughing loudly and bumping into multiple people. He was pretending to play tag with someone else, and it seemed as if most, if not all people didn't bat an eye at him. For all that he cursed his age, it was actually quite useful to have such a youthful body at the moment. No one would suspect a four, five year old child to be a master pickpocket.

Harry bumped full on into his target, and in the confusion created quickly slipped an old paper bag into the mans pocket. He simultaneously extracted the mans wallet. Within a second, he was gone again.

'Sorry!' He exclaimed, rushing his way past the man.

Only a safe fifty meters later did Harry stop to check his loot. Again, the best way to have people not focus on him was to act as if he didn't have a care in the world whilst inspecting the money-lined insides of the wallet. It seemed like Harry was in luck, as the wallet was quite nicely packed with a quite decent amount of fresh twenty-pound bills. There was in total an amount akin to two hundred pounds in the wallet, plus a credit card.

Suddenly getting an idea, Harry quickly walked into the nearest supermarket and began searching for items with best-before dates somewhere in the next century. As the card worked up to twenty-five pounds without a code, Harry bought twenty-four pounds worth of different kinds of food. That should do it for the up and coming couple of months. After doing the same thing with the next nearest grocery store, Harry disposed of the card quickly. You never know who might try and track him down.

On to his next victim. This time Harry wanted a "big fish". He wanted to be done after this time- there were still other things he had to do after all. So he set his eyes on a rich lady's purse. She was dressed in a white fur coat, despite it being only September, and stylish red leather pants. Her designer handbag looked very, very promising to Harry.