Order Meeting

Authors note:

Thanks for the reads guys. It means a lot. This chapter a little less deaths and stuff. As it said in the title, just an Order of the Phoenix meeting.

Disclaimer: I still haven't gotten around to changing my name into Rowling, so -You guessed it!- Harry Potter still doesn't belong to me. The plot line of this story does though. So please don't copy it.

Enjoy the chapter!

Harry walked past Tonks to the main room of the Shell. It had been configured into the main meeting room for the Order. He sat down in one of the seats along the big table in the middle of the room, glancing around the mostly empty room. He didn't particularly feel like socializing, but he was one of the key figures in the Order and there was a meeting in about half an hour. He pulled a bag out of his pocket and enlarged it with a small sigh. 'Engorgio'.

In the bag was a list of Death Eaters. They were all captured and waiting to be questioned. The point of this meeting was, amongst other things, to determine what to ask them and later, what to do with them.

After about ten minutes of Harry lousing around, other Order members trickled into the room. Amongst them Moody, Hermione, Molly, Diggle, Arthur, Fleur and Bill. Certain seats were empty. Remus' and Fred's and George's seats for example, but also miss Figgs' and Mundugus' seats stayed unoccupied. This was the first full scale Order meeting after the Battle of Hogwarts -that was what it was called now- and Harry had previously not known they were.. gone. He felt strangely empty about it. As if his reserves were so low he wasn't quite capable of more than a distant feeling of grief.

Other seats were empty for less morbid reasons. Charlie's seat was empty because he was trying to convince the dragons to have an alliance with the Order. And poor Tonks' seat was empty because she was still in search for Remus. Ron too, was not here. He was still trying to recover from a pretty bad diffinido to the leg.

There were new members though. Many of the previously neutral families in Hogwarts had sided with the Order. Almost all had, after an intense questioning involving the truth serum, binding vows and magical swearing, been accepted into the Order. Harry supposed it was for the better- they could use all the extra help they could get.

The meeting begun with Moody clearing his throat. Murmured conversations were abandoned and everyone paid closer attention to him as the man looked around the room with a heavy gaze.

'After the tragedy last week, most survivors are healed up by now. I cannot express my relief to see all of you here, maybe not safe but at least healthy. There are also however, many amongst our numbers who didn't make it.' Everyone shot a quick glance at the empty chairs. Molly sniffled. Hermione, who sat next to her, put a comforting arm across her shoulders and aimed her a small smile, though she herself looked quite red-eyed as well.

Even Moody had a slight tremor in his voice as he said 'We... I think a minute of silence is appropriate.' A couple of people nodded to that. For the most part, people simply stared ahead with a lost look in their eyes, gazing off to some place Harry couldn't see.

After a while Moody started talking again. 'Thank you everyone. Now on to business. Minerva?'

Professor McGonagall coughed. 'Yes. Yes indeed. I believe mister Potter has a list of people we have captured? If so might we all take a look?'

Harry quickly copied the papers. They ruffled a bit as he passed them on for people to take a look at.

'Thank you mister Potter. Now if everyone would please write down who they know and what there people know... mister Koll, are you all right?'