The betrayal

Authors note:
Well... clearly you guys like my writing or something because damn, 50 more views in two days. Thanks!

Some depressing stuff in this chapter- just warning you. I mean the title says it all right?

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry or any other characters from the HP universe. I only own the plot and my OC's.

Enjoy!

Harry stared at Amun, speechless. 'But... how...'

Harry had leaned enough by now to know that compulsions and blocks were some of the most illegal magics out there. To use one would completely warp someone's personality and cause them to act like they normally never would. It stood almost on par with the unforgivables and had any equally bad punishment: life-long Azkaban.

'...but the only persons I know who are capable of that and have a big enough magical core are Voldemort and... Dumbledore?'

Amun looked at him with an intense gaze. 'As I've heard it, this Voldemort character would not have had enough time around you to complete these rather lengthy mental limitations. That leaves only Dumbledore.'

'But...' Harry shook his head in denial. He refused to accept such an accusation aimed towards the benevolent and kindhearted old headmaster.

'Harry... he's the only one who could have. If you want we can even check. There are some big obliviate's on your mind from when you were about one and a half. I can try to remove them, though it will be slightly dangerous.'

Harry nodded frantically. Anything to assure him it wasn't Dumbledore who had so crudely assaulted his mind.

He trudged after Amun towards the infirmary. Once there, he laid into a bed. There were restrictions in place out of fear that he would trash around to much during this daunting mental procedure.

As Amun strapped him in place, Sarah came in. She was the healer on the staff and the perfect person to assist Amun in this endeavor. She was very direct and quite frightening to Harry, who had always had a slight fear for healers. He smiled nervously towards her, his voice slightly tremulous as he said 'well then, let's go for it huh?' He tried for a laugh, but it came out as a tight wheeze.

For a while, the silence was deafening as the two teachers gazed down in concern at then normally perky student. Then Amun exhaled loudly and started. He held Harry's eyes open and leaned over, gazing into them with deep concentration, his brows furrowed and stress lines in his forehead more prominent.

Harry for his part held as still as possible, looking back with a stony gaze, but a slight despair hidden behind his viridian eyes.

For a few seconds there was nothing, just Amun gazing in Harry's eyes.

Then Harry started shaking ever so slightly. Sarah applied slightly more pressure to his chest to keep him from moving as Amun dove deeper into his mind. As time went on, Harry started shaking more. He was sweating as well, and it was only getting worse. After a few minutes he was spasming like he was being electrocuted or had an epileptic attack. It still wasn't getting better. Harry moaned in pain, his back arching up and his muscles taunt. Amun was still obstinately looking into Harry's eyes, trying to ignore all of the pain the younger man was in as he dug himself deeper into Harry's unconsciousness, trying to do the least harm possible. Presently, Harry's eyes had rolled upwards until only the whites were still seen, a scream escaping his throat as his chest heaved. He had a high pain tolerance, but this was just something else. Especially because he couldn't black out, as someone was searching around in his mind.

His head was throbbing and his muscles cramped up, not being able to deal with the mountains of pain being piled upon him. Harry found himself trying to beg for it to stop, though only heaves came out. He was happy his stomach was empty, because it would have certainly rejected any nutrition by now.