Manipulation is key

Author's note:
So- new chapter is here! Yay. I have decided to do this one mostly in Elias' POV. That means that, though it's actually Harry, he is portraying himself as Elias and consequently acting a bit different than how Harry normally acts. It was a bit chaotic to my taste if I were to constantly talk about him as "Harry" but meaning his Elias persona.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything about this fanfiction except for the plot line and my OC's.

Enjoy!

Elias -Harry- Apparated into the ministry atrium quite casually, and stepped up to the desk to have his wand checked the same way. A quick confundo and he was through. What a bunch of idiots.

He went to level two- the DMLE (Department of Magical Law Enforcement) and to the main desk of the hitwizard/Auror section of the department.

As the man behind the desk gave him his full attention, Elias leaned forward a bit and started talking.

'I need to schedule a meeting with your boss.'

'As in Mrs Bones, the head of the department? Or mr  Scrimgeour, the head of the Auror office?'

'... Scrimgeour. Scrimgeour and Moody.' Elias almost wanted to ask if Moody still worked here, but refrained, gladly. That would have given him an embarrassing moment...

The man, writing down the address Elias had given him for post, quickly jolted down what Elias wanted and looked at his wrist. It was ten past five, if he could trust his watch, and the Aurors were only at work till five.

'Sorry man, they're gone for today. Maybe tomorrow or the day after, if their schedules work out.'

Elias nodded. He had to get back to that sorry excuse of an orphanage anyways. 'I will await your letter then.'

The desk worker smiled unsurely. Harry seemed nice enough, but quite overly... well... dark. 'Ok. I uhh, I will see you later then- or write you, I mean. and, uhh, may I have your name for later reference to mr Moody and Scrimgeour?'

'Riddle. Elias Riddle.' Elias secretly hoped the man was Muggleborn. In his opinion, everyone should understand such an easy Bond reference.

The secretary blinked in puzzlement. '... ok?'

Elias, seeing the effect he had on the poor man, smirked, dipped his head and left without another word. The secretary stared at his retreating back for a moment and shrugged. He had seen stranger people coming by. This one was at least civil.

Elias popped back to the public bathroom in the London park. All of this talking, moving around in this different body had exhausted him both physically and mentally. He sat down on the toilet seat, permitting himself a second of weakness. He stared at himself in the mirror.

Right. The whole Elias look had to go. In... 'Tempus'... less than half an hour, as it was currently five thirty. Elias gave a big sigh. All he really wanted to do was sleep, but he didn't, thanking his iron self-control.

Elias started with undoing the growing charms- some advanced parclemagic he had only been able to reliably use after three years of practice. It felt momentarily slightly disorienting to be back to his smaller form, but he was sure he would be fine in a bit. Then, he erased the older look off of his face and redid his hair. He sighed. He really did like his older form way more. Eventually, only his clothes had to be transfigured back. That was easily done with a finite incantatem, and Harry was good to go.

He tucked his new, non-ministry approved, wand into his pocket and turned on the spot, disappearing with a small pop.

He Apparated to the same small alleyway he had left from. It was easy to blend in with the departing families, and he casually strolled up to the caretaker sent by the orphanage to pick him up.