Oneshot: To Hadrian

Author's note:
Ait so since a couple of people seem to want to read more of this story and I have quite some time on my hands right now, I decided to write a little one-shot to go with the rest of this story. This is just a small moment I pictured happening somewhere along the line, a piece that I didn't think was relevant to write about for the plot, but still cool.

In the future, I might write some more one shots in this universe. If you're interested, please comment/leave suggestions.

Disclaimer: in canon, Harry stays in an abusive household for seventeen years. Now if I were to write canon, things would have been different. So enough said.

Enjoy!

Elias frowned as he looked into the mirror. He was wearing a very sleek attire, complete with formal dress coat and silver cufflinks. Though he loathed to admit it, he did look quite striking. He didn't like wearing such formal robes usually, preferring to remain cloaked in practical gear, but this was a special occasion. He supposed he'd just endure it. Showing up was the least he owed them, after everything.

It was with a slightly nervous feeling, almost giddiness, that he approached the refurbished Riddle manor. He was joined by a couple low-tier Death Eaters on his way in, who he studiously ignored. He knew they were trying to butter up to him, but a quick glare was enough to make them shut it just fine.

At the entrance he was greeted warmly by Lord Travers. The man had apparently been waiting for him there for a while, seeing as his wife was standing next to him looking mildly annoyed. Elias greeted the both of them with a roguish grin.

'Lord Travers. Long time no see. Ah, and you must be the lovely Lady Travers,' Elias said to the woman accompanying Lord Travers.

The woman in question gave him an assessing gaze, then curtsied. 'Yes, I am. Mister Riddle, I presume?'

'In the flesh.' He turned his attention to the both of them. 'Shall we?'

Lady Travers smiled. 'Let's.'

Lord Travers offered her his arm, and Elias fel into step next to them easily. They made their way though the door and into the foyer at an easy pace, all the while making light small-talk.

Once inside, they were greeted by another low-level Death Eater, one apparently in charge of the garderobe, who took their coats. From the foyer, it was a small walk to the ballroom, where the main event were to take place.

In this case, the main event was the marking of a new batch of Death Eaters. Elias thought there were about ten-or-so new recruits to be marked on this occasion.

Now normally, the marking ceremonies were not of great importance. They were part of everyday life at the Riddle mansion. This time however, the people being marked were notable. They were either children of important Death Eaters, famous, or people Voldemort had taken a liking to. Incidentally, this was the day most of Hadrian's old friends were going to be marked.

The ballroom was quite busy already. On a first glance, Elias spotted amongst others the Malfoys, the Parkinsons, and the Greengrasses. With a polite smile, he excused himself from Lord Travers, intent on talking to dear old Lucius.

A slight swagger to his step, Elias approached the Malfoys confidently. He took Narcissa's hand and planted a quick kiss in the back of it.

'Lady Malfoy. How quaint to see you here.'

Narcissa smiled. 'I'd never miss this occasion.'

'Of course not. Ah, and Lucius!' Elias shared a conspiring glance with Narcissa and swooped low in a slightly mocking bow. 'My dear friend. How do you make it?'