The Temple

Authors not:
As seen in the title, there's going to be a lot more going on in the temple in this chapter. Thanks by the way for the reviews and likes guys and gals. Much appreciated.

Disclaimer: still not Rowling. Don't own Potter Universe.

Enjoy!

Time travel. Honestly, it was rather hard not to think of it these days. Harry had been helping with the temple for about a solid two weeks by now, and it was just about the only thing on the people's minds. Any conversation held would eventually all revert to the same subject. Time travel. No war. Being able to save people.

The more they worked away at the temple the clearer it was that there was more than just one main chamber. They knew for a fact that there were at least two ritual rooms. One in which time stopped in your mind, so you could learn all you had to in your mind and one in which you could actually go back in time. It did seem though, that you did have limitations as to where you could go. As the ritual transported ones soul to a previous form of itself, thereby literally transporting your mind and magic to your younger self, you could not go back to before you were alive. Also, there could be only one time traveler at a time. So if there was someone in the past already, no one else could go. To everyone's dismay, it seemed as if even the ancient, admittedly brilliant, Egyptians couldn't work their magics to make everything possible. There were clearly some rules in magic, time and space that even the most brilliant couldn't work around.

It was decided that Harry, as he was the only one who could defeat Voldemort, would go. That way, even though they couldn't stop the first war, they could at least stop the second one. Harry thought back to when the Order had decided that.

*flashback*

In another full scale Order meeting, held in Egypt this time, Moody and McGonagall were wrapped up in a heavy discussion. They were both standing in front of their chairs, heads held high and chests heaving.

'No! Minerva if we have the chance why for the life of Merlin would we ever send Potter when we could send someone born way before the second war. Maybe even someone who could help with Grindelwald back in '48!'

'Alastor you are not listening to me! Have you not heard my arguments before? Because I stand by what I said. We can't trust that ritual. The farther back one goes the more risk there is. And Harry is the only one who can defeat Voldemort! Even if anyone other than him went back, no one can stop Voldemort except for Harry! You can send someone back as far as you want, but only Harry will stop the man! No one can just "stop" the first war from happening because Harry isn't alive yet then. Only Harry can save Dumbledore and all the others as well! Think, man! Think!'

'He is just a boy! He isn't our best fighter, strategist, commander or even messenger! How is he supposed to stop Voldemort even with his knowledge of this time!'

'The other ritual room, you complete dunce! I have said this before! We put him under and give him the knowledge he needs in the other room and send him back afterwards! Is everyone having such a hard time thinking about this plan? It really isn't that hard to grasp!'

It was silent for a bit. Harry was trying to shrink into the cushions on the chair he was sitting on because all of the attention that was on him by now made him feel very uncomfortable.

'Well? He's the only chance we have Alastor! It's our best option!'

Moody looked at Harry with a critical eye. 'Fine. But if this turns out to be a huge mistake I hold you accountable, even if you and I won't remember.'