A Plan Derailed

Author's note:
All right- I wrote this in one go. I don't know why or how exactly but sometimes you just have the inspiration, y'know? Also I didn't want to do school. So here youguys go.

WARNING: some violence, maybe slight innuendos. Nothing too bad though.

Disclaimer: I do not claim to own Harry Potter. I do own the plot of this though so no stealing things that don't belong to you.

Enjoy!

It was with a slight sense of nostalgia that Harry boarded the train the last day of the vacation and set off to Hogwarts once again. The vacation, and more specifically being able to take a break from being "Harry" had been challenging, but it had gone as he had wanted it to. Even when he went back, he didn't really want to be Harry, but it was part of the plan. After so many sacrifices he wouldn't give it up now.

School life went on as it usually did, and that was good, but Harry couldn't shake off a vague feeling of unease. He was so close to being done, being free, that it seemed almost impossible for there not to be a hiccup in the plan.

So it was that one day, after accidentally antagonizing Snape a little to much, Harry was headed to the dungeons for a detention with the sour man. There were no other people in the hallway, and Harry heard the sound of his feet echo in the large empty space.

For a while he only heard his own feet patter on the cold tiles. As he started paying more attention to the sound though, he could swear he heard a quiet echo after his steps. Like someone was shadowing him.

To test that theory, he suddenly changed his walking rhythm. Indeed, for a step or two, he heard a distinct set of feet behind him. Choosing to ignore it, though he carefully took a hold of his wand under his sleeve, he walked on.

He walked around a corner, deciding to take a shortcut through a deserted part of the castle as he was a little late for his detention. He didn't hear any footsteps anymore, even when changing tempo, so he was quite sure his shadower had lost him.

It seemed like he was right for a moment or two. A small rustling movement later though, Harry felt a hand in his hair, and a rapidly mumbled spell later his hands were bound behind his back. He grunted, and tried to deflect his assailant before he got a good grip. Futilely, it seemed. His ambusher was surprisingly talented in hand-to-hand combat it seemed.

Harry closed his eyes in annoyance. He was getting rusty, not to have thought about the possibly that one could silence their footsteps. He slumped into the hold of his attacker.

'Hello, Potter,' a voice whispered in his ear.

Harry stiffened back up again. 'What... Quirrell?' He made another attempt to get out of the man's grip.

'The one and only,' Quirrell said in a satisfied tone of voice.

'What the hell?' Harry bit out, 'let me go!'

'Oh no, no no,' Quirrell said softly, 'we are going for a nice little walk together.' At Harry's silence, he jabbed his wand into Harry's neck. 'Can you do that for me?'

Harry's face turned to a grimace. '... yes,' he hissed.

He felt, not as much as he saw Quirrell's face turn into a satisfied leer. A little awkwardly, but very effectively stopping Harry from moving where Quirrell didn't want him, they shuffled into an abandoned classroom.

'What do you want?' Harry growled once they were inside and the door was closed.

Quirrell didn't answer, only forced Harry to move to a chair in the middle of the room. A small but vicious kick to the back of Harry's knee later, he was sat in the chair. Wasting no time, Quirrell started binding him to it more securely.