Why Again Did I Become Attached?

Author's note:
So turns out- to get some real writing done you only need a bag of weed and a couple hours. I mean, just kidding... I think... Anyways- that's why it took me so long to get a new chapter done. Ain't got no weed on me.

Ok yeah I'm sorry I'll stop now.

Disclaimer: I like Supernatural. Just as I like Sherlock, Alexander Hamilton and Harry Potter. Still, I don't own any of them, so I'm not making any profit off of this.

Enjoy!

-I wrote this chapter to "Wild Stare" from Giant Rooks. It's good.-

The orphanage, it seemed, was determined when they wanted something. In this case, that something was enjoying Harry's last days there, and to Harry's surprise, it was working. He was... happy. It was great, not having any responsibilities for a change... not having to be on sharp all the time- not watching his back for everyone who held a grudge against him..

Then of course there was the flip side. The difficult talks he had to go through. The painful goodbyes. He was once again reminded as to why it was a bad idea, developing attachments to people. It only ended in pain anyways.

The hardest thing was probably saying goodbye to the smaller kids, who really looked up to him like a parental figure. They were so innocent, and so genuinely sad to say goodbye.

And so it was that Harry found himself holding back tears, his head buried in the wavy curls of the umpteenth kid clamping onto him with a painfully strong grip.

'It's ok Sam,' he whispered. 'It's ok...'

Sam grilled on tighter. 'Don't want you to go.' He said, his voice muffled by Harry's clothes.

'I know,' Harry said, 'I don't want to go either. But I don't have a choice. I made my bed, and I will lay in it.'

Sam shrugged and pushed his face deeper into Harry's chest. Only after a couple of minutes was Harry able to coax him into letting go.

Harry stepped back, dragging his briefcase-made-trunk with him. With a small, pained smile on his face he nodded at the people gathered round.

'I wish it were on a different note, but I'm afraid this is my final goodbye to you. I'll never forget all of you.'

The matron took half a step forward, though she seemed to rethink that and ended up in a slight swaying motion towards Harry. 'Just,' she said, 'just be careful. You're always welcome here. And I think I can speak for all of us when I say I really wish your going to be ok.'

Harry bit on his lip and averted his eyes, for a moment. He quickly straightened though, and attempted a smile. 'Thank you. That... means a lot to me.' He sighed again, 'I... I have to leave now. So goodbye. I wish you all a good life. You, if any, deserve it.'

The matron was not the only one who couldn't withhold a sniffle as she gave a small wave.

'Will you write?' Dylan asked, just like last time he had gone.

Harry quickly glanced at his cab. He was silent for a second, his hands balled up in the pockets of his coat to release some tension.

'I... maybe. I don't think so.' He eventually said.

A depressing silence fell, until Harry felt a movement in his neck.

'Are we going, massster?' His snake asked him blandly.

It shook Harry out of the strange empty feeling that was building inside his chest.

'Yess,' he lisped to the snake, 'yesss we are.' With that, he decided enough feelings were felt for now. A last nod to his.. surrogate family, maybe? And he was in the taxi, off to Diagon Alley to meet up with a friend.