Chapter 5: sword fighting

'Sword training today, gear up.' Zayn says. 'Oh Zayn pleas can i em..... just tie knots or something' i ask as Cato smirks. 'No you got out of it last time not today' I sigh deeply as i make my way over to the swords. Cato grabs the sword i gave him and walks make over to Zayn. I reluctantly grab a sword. I must have picked the heaviest sword as i drop it immediately. Cato picks it up and hand me a different sword. 'Might wanna try something a bit lighter..' he says. 'Em thanks.'

'First to three points wins, get a point by striking to a vital area, go..'Zayn says. Cato and I get into a sparring position and start to move back and forth. Cato goes for the first blow swing it straight for me. I jump to the right in fright of being sliced.

'RAMBIN, STOP GIVING UP GROUND STAY PUT.' Zayn yells. We pace make and forth again. Cato raises the sword above his head and strikes down onto mine. 'Point, nice one Emerson continue..' I'm immediately back in my stance ready for his next attack. He wields the sword and i quickly block it by clashing his sword off mine. We do this a couple of times until he comes at me and i move back quickly. He strikes under my arm sticking into my stomach. 'Point, c'mon Rambin you're giving him ground, continue' I immediately wield the sword over my head and try to strike but he blocks. We continue this for about ten minutes until Cato sees an opportunity and striked.

'Nice job Emerson, Rambin what was that you kept giving up your ground you cant do that 'cause in the games you'll die' Zayn yells. 'Em you think I don't know that, you think I want to wield a sword for a full 30 minutes, I could easily have a knife embedded in his head in 5 seconds.'

'Say you dont have a knife what will you do?" 'Oh trust me she will have a knife, she brings a knife to school, out going to the shop anywhere. She'll have a knife. No doubt, and she'll knife anyone without hesitation' Cato says. 'Em ok Clove, were gonna break for the day, its late see you tomorrow guys,' Zayn says.

Cato heads into the showers and I pick up my sword and put it on the rack. Then i see her laughing, the school slut Aabreilla. She has long brown/blond hair up in two low ponytails and her eyes are brown/green.'

'Funny seeing you her knife girl,'she starts. 'We do go to the same training centre Aarbreilla' "Don't play smart with my Clove'she spits my name out and then giggles. 'Such a pity that you aren't as good with swords as you are with knifes..' 'Is that a compliment?..." i reply as she scowls. 'What do you want Aarbreilla?' 'Well you know that im going into the games this year..' 'Aren't you only 16, your in Cato's class in school. Pity you need the other two years to practice..' i say. 'Shut it, im gonna win the games and while im gone i want you to stay away from Cato.'

'What, that is what this is about you and Cato, please.' 'Stay away from him' she say then charges at me. She pushs me against the wall and then i charge at her grab my knife and press it against her throat. She gulps. 'Sorry Aarbriella, yoou wont make it to the games..'' 'Clove get off her..' Zayns powerful voice echos in my head then i reluctantly. Zayn leaves and Aarbriella trys to also. I fling the knife at her arm. It slices down the full lenght of her arm. She yells in pain and I grab my knife. 'Oh sorry, my hand got a spasm. Good luck in the games, i hope your arm is better, Bye Aarbriella, i'll tell Cato you said hi.'

I walk into the showers and Cato is sitting on the bench waiting for me. "your done already?' he nods and I jump into the shower, close the door and turn on the luke warm water. I start to sing in the shower as i have a habbit. I find myself singing a song my mother used to sing to Ronnie when she was younger, She never sand to me.

" If i die young. bury me in satin. Lay me down on a bed of roses, sink me in the river at dawn. Send me away with the words of a love song. Uh Oh, Uh Oh.

Lord make me a rainbow I'll shine down on my mother, she'll know im safe with you when she stands under my colours. Oh and life ain't alwys what you think it aught to me now aint even grey when she burys her baby.

The sharp knife over a short life, well I've had just enought time.

If i die young. bury me in satin. Lay me down on a bed of roses, sink me in the river at dawn. Send me away with the words of a love song. Uh Oh, Uh Oh. The sharp knife over a short life, well I've had just enought time.

And I'll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom I as green as the ring on my little cold fingerI've never known the loving of a manBut it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand

There's a boy here in town, says he'll love me foreverWho would have thought forever could be severed byThe sharp knife of a short lifeWell, I've had just enough time

So put on your best, boys, and I'll wear my pearlsWhat I never did is done

A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell 'em for a dollarThey're worth so much more after I'm a gonerAnd maybe then you'll hear the words I been singingFunny, when you're dead how people start listening

If I die young, bury me in satinLay me down on a bed of rosesSink me in the river at dawnSend me away with the words of a love song

The ballad of a doveGo with peace and loveGather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocketSave them for a time when you're really gonna need them, oh

The sharp knife of a short lifeWell, I've had just enough timeSo put on your best, boysAnd I'll wear my pearls'

I finish, dry myself and get dressed, I open the shower door to Cato smiling. 'You have a lovely voice.' 'Oh i didnt sing that out loud did i?" 'sure did, seriously you do thought' he says i look into his eyes to see if there is any mockery, theres not just honesty and admieration. 'Thanks Cato.'

We grab our bags and head home, on our way, Cato starts to hum a song very quietly. When we reach my house, Cato jokes about Zayn screaming at me. I say goodbyr and leave