Chapter 38: Kelly "Chase" Mitchell

Cato's POV

****************

21 August 3113

****************

I shove my hands deep into my pocket. Then, it started to rain.

''Shoot'' I curse under my breathe.

Then I see him, Bristle. ''Hey man!" I call. He rushs over to me as I pull up my hood. ''What's up?" He asks. ''We need to talk" I mumble under the rain.

We silently walk to the fountain which is in the town square. He stares at me, eyes wide.

''What's up man? Is it Clove? She ok?" I nod. ''She found out last night she was bipolar, reading up on bipolarness" I laugh.

''But there is a problem, its Clarice" I say. He grunts.

''Let me guess you knew she was pregnant before I did?"

''No, I found out last night, are you insane?" I question.

'''What?" He questions. ''You left her man, Clove visited her last night, she was so torn!"

''THAT AIN'T MY FAULT!" Bristle began to shout.

''YOU, got her pregnant! No one else!" I fire back.

''I'm eighteen, Cato, I can't even manage myself, not to mention a baby. A crying, dirty baby!' He exaggerates.

''You love her, you can't leave her" I state simply. ''DO I?" He shouts, throwing his hands in the air.

''You don't love her?" I ask, shocked. He just looks away.

''BRISTLE, YOU LIED TO THE POOR GIRL!" I yell.

''I don't tell you how to live your life, so leave me ALONE!" He spits.

''C'mon, if Clove got pregnant, do you think I'd leave her? I actually love her. I don't hang around just to get a good shag!" I whisper-yell.

''You don't get one anyway! You think Clove actually loves you? She's doing exactly what I'm doing to Clarice, to you!" He starts. I clench my fists. ''She's like Aarbriella, a whore! She'll leave you Cato, everyone does ie Carlee" he snickers.

''I GUESS YOUR A WHORE TOO!" I yell, and then I swing my hand around and dig him in the jaw. He yelps in pain but swings his fist aswell. I'm not quick enought to block.

It makes a cracking sound when it comes in contact with my jaw. I feel my lip split and blood drains out.

I kick as fast as I can. He falls to the ground.

''Hopefully that was hard enough to prevent you from reproducing, bastard. Don't you ever call Clove that again!" I spit and begin to walk home.

I turn around and see a group of people gathered around him. How could he? My bestfriend? Lied to my other bestfriend and got her pregnant and then walked out? And called Clo a whore? Bastard!"

******************

Clove's POV

******************

Surreal. That's what everthing is. My life is racing ahead of me. Cato has two other sisters. Clarice is pregnant. Corden is alive. I'm bipolar. Everything is so surreal.

Well, at least I know I'm scared of cannon booms. And now, I'm reading "Being Bipolar" So far I know the effects.

"In the manic phase of bipolar disorder, feelings of heightened energy, creativity, and euphoria are common. People experiencing a manic episode often talk a mile a minute, sleep very little, and are hyperactive. They may also feel like they're all-powerful, invincible, or destined for greatness.