Chapter 32: Thresh.

Cato's POV

********************

14 August 3113 (16th day in arena)

********************

Sword in hand, I run towards Thresh. While running I catch a glimpse of the sky. Large, black clouds cover the sky. I hope Clove will be ok.

I catch sight of him, and find myself slowing my pace until I stop completely, Thresh infront of me. I stand there, wondering what to do. What will he do? His actions are capricious.

''I wouldn't come any closer if I was you'' Thresh's voice raks through the silence of the field. Its deep, and well honestly quite frightning. I boldly take another step closer, purposely making my self step on a twig.

He shuffles a bit. ''Go 'way. Now'' he mumbles. I don't move. He ever so discreetly, reaches for his sickle, which is laying next to our packs. His fire crackles loudly. He stands up and grips the sickle tightly. I twist my sword in my left hand.

He stomps over to me. He has about an inch on me, and maybe a few more pounds. He grins, sadistically.

''So I'm guessin' that little one is awake or still knocked ou'." He laughs. "You guessed right." I reply calmly, there is no way I would tel him that Clove is standing about 100 meters away from here.

"Pity. Should have hit her harder, waste of space that one." I feel a surge of rage rush through me.

''I'm guessin' your here to 'kill me', play the hero for her, for once. Am I right?'' I nod smugly, causing him confusion.

He tries to dig me, but luckily I caught his hand. I twist his arm around behind his back, not stopping to twist it until it cracks.

With his spare hand, he elbows me in the gut. I double over in slight pain. The sickle, follows in suite, but I move just in time. I dig him, in the face. He spits out a dirty, yellow tooth.

''Was that punch from your whore of a girlfriend?" That's when I snap. I charge at him. I raise my sword above my head and continue running. I strike down on his head, but in the nick of time he lifts up the sickle, blocking my sword.

I kick him 'where the sun don't shine' then dig him once more, this time drawing blood. He yelps in pain. He jumps up, and grabs the collar of my jacket.

He flings me about 6 foot away from him, about a half a meter from the fire. My eyes widen, how did he do that? That's, impossible?

A loud clash of thunder snaps me out of thinking. I look at Thresh, stalking towards me. I roll -yes, roll towards him. Open my legs, wrap them around his ankles, then close my legs -like the scissors they have in the capitol-, causing him to fall to the floor, face first.

I dive on top of his, the same time another bang of thunder echos through the arena. I punch him in the face, and even the windpipe once.

When he musters up the strength to get me off, he pushes me towards the fire. Causing me to stumble back onto my heels. I fal flat on my behind, shaking my bones and causing a thud to battle with the thunder.

I feel a dangerously close heat behind me, I look back to see how close I am to the flames. When I look back Thresh is sitting on me. I squirm under him. He grabs my left wrist, and gingerly puts into the fire.

I don't feel anything at the start, then the heat surges into my cells. I try to yank out my hand, I can't. He pins me down so I'm unable to move. I yell in pain. I can hear my flesh bubbling and popping.

I curl up my fingers, slowly. Unable to move my knuckles, I grimace. He laughs sadistically, I chance a look at my hand, bright red and swollen. I yell once again. The heat dances around my knuckles, laughing at me.