Chapter 4: Are you sure you were going to say that?

'Because i-I............. Its your birthday Clove i don't want you to starve' I thought he was going to say something else obviously not.

'thanks Cato, lets go so' i say gratefully. 'em OK c'mon' We take off into the forest and hunt. And when i say hunt i mean hunt. Like hardcore hunt. when we are on our way back we have three full bags of game which will easily last us like two months. 'I get this one..' Cato whispers as we approach a doe. Bam. cato's weird spear thing went through its head. We tug the game to my house and yes Cato now knows where i live.

'Thank you so much, you only know me a week and you practically gave my family food for like three months' i say. 'Clove its OK oh yeah em come to the river in 'bout 30 minutes OK?' 'Em OK see you then' i say and run in home. I give my mother the game and she starts to make some dinner. I run up stairs and open my wooden wardrobe to change. Its hot out so i put on an aqua string top and white shorts with a pair of white converse thing-ieys. I tie my hair up in a tight ponytail. i attach my 'Clove' knife to my belt and head out.

'hi Clove where you off to'?' Ronnie asks. 'Nowhere, where were you, out with your boyfriend?' she blushes. 'Clove i don't have a boyfriend, if anyone has a boyfriend its you, when your going 'Nowhere'you never look that nice. Oh i was just walking around.' I nod 'see you Ronnie' I call, Do I look over-done. Cato is turning me into a-a girl, like a prissy, flirty slutty girl like all those in the training centre that i see trying to win Cato over with their looks.

I reach the river, and as I walk into the clearing, Cato, Clarice and Bristle jump out. 'Happy birthday sweetheart' Clarice chimes. 'thank you guys'

'Here happy birthday Clove' Bristle says while handing me a deadly pocket knife. 'Nice, thanks a lot' i say as i stroke it and put it in my pocket. Clarice gives me a bottle of perfume which smells like vanilla. Yum. Cato then gives me a golden Bracelet with ruby's in it, it matches my locket. "Oh Cato this is amazing i love it how much was this' i ask him sternly. ''never mind that your 15 today. 'I love it Cato'

We talk for the rest of the day, and i go home late. I thank them again and leave. When i get home i tell my mother and Ronnie and then we have dinner. Which is the doe and some vegetables mother got in the shop. I then go to bed.

Its Monday the 21st of July, two days before the reaping. Its Cato's birthday today and I got him a sword from the weaponry shop. i finish dreadful school and go to training. Cato is already there laughing. 'Whats up'' 'bristle got me hair gel' i laugh and give him the sword he thanks me but freaks because he knows what price it is. I tell him I save for it which i did.

a/n next update tomaz. maybe. comment plz and vote