mistakes II

Jade and I stayed in that hug for what felt like hours but I'm sure was only minutes. When we finally released from the hug, I was able to actually get a good look at her for the first time since I stepped in her room.

The first thing that I noticed was that she was wearing my black adidas hoodie that I don't remember letting her borrow. Even better, it's slightly too big for her, making her look all the more cuter.

The second thing that I noticed was that she seemed skinnier. Like significantly skinnier since the last time I saw her. Now granted, it has been a month. But with Jade and weight, any change was enough for me to worry.

"Jade, have you eaten today?" I asked her. Instantly her face dropped. She quickly looked away from me and scurried over to her bed without giving me a clear answer.

"Jade?" I asked again while slowly approaching her bed, "When was the last time you ate?"

"I don't remember." she said, shrugging as I laid down on my side facing her on her bed.

Fuck. I really hope this isn't purely because of me.

"Please don't tell me you don't remember the last time you ate because of me being away. Because the last thing I want to be is the cause of your pain or any relapses."

"Well you should have thought about that before taking whatever drugs you take." she said coldly. An awkward silence fell over us.

"Sorry, that was a bit harsh." she muttered, not making eye contact with me.

"No, I mean I deserve it," I placed two fingers on her chin and turned her face so she would look at me. "Now, either were gonna go out to lunch so we can talk, or were going to lie here, take a nap, and then go get a late lunch or dinner depending on how long we sleep for. Because we need to talk and you need to get something in you." She sighed and rolled over on her back.

"I'd prefer if we didn't do that, but I have a feeling we're going to end up in that situation regardless of what I say." she murmured.

"It's not that you don't have a choice, it's that I want you to try and eat something and I think we also need to talk. Most people go and get something to eat and have discussions over food so I thought we could kill 2 birds with one stone."

"I suppose but Im not making any promises." she said as she stood up and started to put her shoes on. "Come on then, where are we going."

"Your choice," I shrugged, "You're the one who has to drive anyway." Jade looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Perrie did you walk here?"

"Perhaps"

"Oh my god you do not have nearly enough layers on to be outside like that holy shit what are you thinking." She exclaimed while rushing to her closet to most likely find one of my previously Jade-claimed sweatshirts to give back to me.

"It's not even that far of a walk, I'm fine."

"No you're not. Take this," she said. Without looking at me, she tossed another of my repossessed hoodies at me. It was a dark blue Champion sweatshirt that I actually clearly remember going crazy looking for.

"Hey I was looking for this."

"Oh really. I have no idea how it got here."

"Ah yes, I'm sure it made its own way over here"

"Must have"

~~~~~~~~~~

Jade drove us to a local cafe that we used to go to a lot to do homework and just spend time together outside of either one of our houses.